If you’re planning to make cupcakes with the kids this holiday season, these holly Mickey cupcakes are the perfect Disney Christmas cupcake because the kids can seriously do it all!
Holly Mickey Cupcakes
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we make cupcakes on the regular, but when it’s holiday time, we go all out. I mean, why not, right?! The kiddo wanted to make some Christmas cupcakes, so we whipped up this recipe to enjoy together – and maybe share some too!
You can make this easy cupcake recipe in just a few mintues and it’s simple enough that the kids can really get involved. Just bake and decorate! If you’re ready to make some fun holly Mickey cupcakes, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite holiday desserts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make These Mickey Christmas Cupcakes
- Start with your favorite chocolate cupcake. I always rely on my trusty recipe for Lazy Girl Chocolate Cupcakes. They’re simple, easy and work every single time. Gotta love a recipe like that.
- Take the time to let your fondant creations to dry out overnight on the counter. You COULD use them right away, if you were desperate, but if you take that extra step to let them dry out, they’ll be a lot stiffer and less likely to flop over.
- I love the way sprinkles look on a cupcake like this. It’s super easy to do, just put your cupcakes in a bowl, roll your frosted cupcake in the sprinkles, then add some more frosting. And who doesn’t love a good double layer of frosting?!
How Do I Make this Holly Mickey Cupcakes?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 1 package of Wilton Red Fondant
- 1 package of Wilton Green Fondant
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 3 C powdered sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3-5 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 package of holly sprinkles mix
- 1 6 oz container of crushed peppermint candy
- Start making your fondant pieces by dusting a cutting board with cornstarch then kneading the red fondant until soft and workable.
- Roll the fondant to about ¼ inch thickness, then with a 2-inch round fondant cutter, cut out 24 round circles and place them on a cookie sheet.
- Roll the remaining red fondant to about 1/4 inch thickness, then using the mickey cutter, cut out 12 Mickey heads and place them onto the cookie sheet.
- Roll out the green fondant to about ¼ inch thickness, then using the holly leaf cutter, cut out 24 holly leaves and place them onto the cookie sheet.
- Allow all of the fondant pieces to dry on the counter overnight.
- Bake your cupcakes as per the recipe directions then allow them to cool completely before decorating.
- To make the frosting, whip together the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and heavy whipping cream until smooth and stiff, then place into a piping bag.
- Pipe two rings of frosting around the edge of each cupcake.
- In a bowl, stir together the crushed peppermint candy and the holly sprinkles. Dip the cupcakes, frosting side down, into the sprinkle mixture.
- Pipe a dollop of frosting into the center of each cupcake, then carefully place a red fondant Mickey head into the center of each cupcake.
- Place two holly leaves behind each Mickey head.
- Place two circles behind each of the leaves to be the ears and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 390Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 133mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 0gSugar: 43gProtein: 1g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
More Disney Christmas Cupcakes You Might Like
- Elsa Mickey Ear Cupcakes – You don’t get more winter-esque than the cold norths of Arindelle. And Elsa’s bringing all the holiday magic!
- Minnie Reindeer Cupcakes – She’s not just adorable, she’s topped with a bow and some reindeer antlers for the holidays.
- Buffalo Check Minnie Cupcakes – Minnie, but covered in buffalo check and all dolled-up for the Christmas party!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Christmas cupcakes board on Pinterest.