In about 20 minutes, you can go from blank tile to a fun tile Grinch ornament and a whole new Christmas ornament you can hang on the tree!
Tile Grinch Ornament
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we adore the Grinch Movie and all things stink stank stunk. He’s just grumpy, mean and oh so green, I can’t stand it. I never get enough. Particularly, I never get enough of DIY Grinch ornaments. I had to come up with a new one to add to my collection this year, so of course, I grabbed some crafting supplies and got to work.
In only a few minutes, I had a fantastic and fun new tile Grinch ornament to hang on the tree – and a second one to send to a friend. If you’re ready to make a Grinch tile ornament in a flash, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite DIY Grinch crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Grinch TIle Ornament
- Click here to get the free Grinch face features cut file set. This file is perfect for layering, just note, when you’re layering heat transfer vinyl, let the vinyl cool before putting the next layer on and pressing it. This will prevent the vinyl from puckering. Learned that lesson the hard way.
- You can use any tile, really, but that particular Grinch face shape? That’s specific to the arabesque tiles. I didn’t want to buy a whole sheet of that tile, though, because I honestly just wanted an ornament, not a backsplash. So I grabbed a sample set of two tiles here. One of mine arrived chipped, but was able to superglue it back together and still had a second Grinch tile ornament to gift to a friend!
- If you’d like to give your Grinch face ornament a real professional-looking sheen, be sure to hit it with a coat of craft sealant with a nice gloss. I like the way this particular craft adhesive dries nice and shiny very quickly.
How Do I Make this Tile Grinch Ornament?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More Grinch Crafts You Might Like
- Grinch Hot Cocoa Bombs – This is the funnest new way to enjoy hot cocoa and frankly the Grinch version I made here is so tasty, you have to try it!
- Easy DIY Grinch Sock Gnome – If you’re all about that Grinch like I am, you definitely need a little Grinch sock gnome to make your holiday decor pop.
- Max from the Grinch Movie Gnome – And if you’re making the Grinch, don’t miss the opportunity to make his best bud just using a second sock!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Christmas DIY ideas board on Pinterest.