Who doesn’t love an easy Christmas cupcake that’s Disney-inspired AND reindeer inspired?! Not me. I love these easy Minnie reindeer cupcakes and won’t be turning tail from them anytime soon! LOL!
Minnie Reindeer Cupcakes
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love Christmas and, frankly, an excuse to make a cupcake. So, when the kiddo asked for cupcakes this year for her holiday party, well, I had to come up with something fun, right?! And, trying them out at home before the big day–totally rational. So, we made these easy Minnie reindeer cupcakes.
They’re super fast to come together, although they look surprisingly difficult. They are definitely holiday-themed cupcakes and taste like a million dollars. If you’re ready to make a Christmas cupcake to die for, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite holiday recipes board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Love cupcakes and want free recipes?
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
Tips to Make Christmas Cupcakes
- Start with your favorite vanilla cupcake. I like to use my Lazy Girl cupcake recipe. It’s no-fail fluffy-and-light-cupcakes anyone can make, as long as you follow the directions. To make them chocolate, I just added 1/2 cup of melted chocolate chips.
- Allow your fondant creations to sit overnight on the counter. You can use them right away, sure, but at the end of the day, if they can dry out, they will be a lot more likely not to flop over and be all bendy.
- I adore the way that this frosting looks. It’s just a super simple technique where you put the two colors of icing into the same piping bag. So cool.
- To make the reindeer antlers, I just piped out some melted chocolate onto some parchment paper, but you COULD make them from fondant using a mold that you can grab here. That would be so much simpler, honestly–I just didn’t think of it beforehand. Ha!
How Do I Make this Minnie Reindeer Cupcakes?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 12 of your favorite Chocolate Cupcakes (I like to use my Lazy Girl cupcake recipe and just add some melted chocolate chips)
Fondant Ears and Bow
- 1 package of black fondant
- 1 package of green fondant
- 1 C Ghirardelli milk chocolate melting chips
Vanilla Frosting Ingredients:
- 3 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 6 C powdered sugar
- 5-7 tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Red gel food coloring
- Roll out your black fondant to about 1/4 inch thickness and cut out 24 circles for ears.
- Pinch off about 1 teaspoon size portion of fondant and press it into a bow shaped mold.
- Remove from mold and set aside.
- Make 12 bows.
- Allow bows and ears to dry overnight.
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and warm at 30 second increments, stirring between each, until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Place chocolate in a piping bag and cut off the tip.
- Pipe out about 48 thick small size antlers onto parchment paper.
- Allow the antlers to dry overnight or in the fridge for 20 minutes. Either one.
- To make the frosting, combine the butter, powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and mix well until the frosting is light and fluffy.
- Separate the frosting into two equal portions in two bowls.
- Stir in 4-6 drops of red food coloring into one bowl until the color is consistent.
- Place the red frosting into one side of the decorating bag.
- Place the white frosting into the other side of the decorating bag.
- Frost each of the cooled cupcakes with the frosting in a round pattern.
- Press two ears into the sides of the frosting.
- Place the bow into the center of the frosted cupcake.
- Press the antlers into the frosting, in front of each of the ears.
You will also need:
- 1 round circle cookie cutter
- 1 large piping bag with large star tip
- 1 bow fondant mold
For more fun Christmas cupcake recipes, visit RufflesandRainBoots.com
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 941Total Fat: 70gSaturated Fat: 44gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 174mgSodium: 399mgCarbohydrates: 79gFiber: 2gSugar: 74gProtein: 3g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
More Christmas Cupcakes You Might Like
- Candy Cane Cupcakes – Such a quick and fun cupcake for Christmas, you can make these in just a few minutes!
- Christmas Tree Cupcakes – Speaking of making a Christmas cupcake in minutes–this recipe is so fast, you’ll be done before you even know it.
- Christmas Lights Cupcakes – And this is the fastest Christmas cupcake ever made. Just whip it up and drop the lights on. Ridiculously fast!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite dessert recipes board on Pinterest.