Make Easy Decoupaged Gnome Mason Jars for Quick Gifts!
I love making little gifts for people around the holidays and these decoupaged gnome mason jars are perfect for gifts like cookies, mixes and kits! So fun.
Decoupaged Gnome Mason Jars
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are seriously obsessed with making little gifts for friends and neighbors. And one of my favorite ways to do that is to make a little gift in a mason jar and then leave it on a doorstep or just under the tree. Having the jar covered, then is super important so it doesn’t spoil the surprise.
RELATED READING: MASON JAR LID GNOME ORNAMENT
But painting a jar can be, well, a bummer. So I have avoided anything intricate–until now! Because it dawned on me that you can decoupage a napkin on to a jar! Amazing, I tell you. If you’re ready to make an epic gift with a gnome jar, let’s get started.
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don’t want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite DIY gift ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Gnome Jars
- Start by grabbing a napkin featuring a gnome. I loved love LOVED this gnome napkin set here. They’re cute, well-detailed and the background is super fun.
- Don’t give up if you pick up a napkin you love but it doesn’t fit on the jar you have. There are bigger jars–pint size, I think. And they are perfect for napkins with a bigger image. Likewise, if you have a tiny gift to give and a napkin with an itty bitty image, get those small jelly jars.
- When you’re painting your jars, be sure to give it a second coat if the napkin doesn’t cover the whole jar surface. Back to that point about spoiling the surprise–if you don’t paint it all the way opaque, you might be sorry.
How Do I Make Decoupaged Gnome Mason Jars?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More Gnome Crafts You Might Like
- Gnome Cookie Jar – No jar…but let me tell you, this upcycling craft is incredibly fun and I am now hungry for a cookie.
- Christmas Gnome Mason Jars – A more traditional gnome craft, but made with a jar at it’s heart so that it’s useful in addition to being super cute.
- How to Make a Sock Gnome – The best and most comprehensive guide on making a sock gnome, whether you’re a hobbyist or a pro!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy gnome crafts board on Pinterest.