Everyone is going to love these Grinch hot cocoa cups! This viral trend is so easy to make and can be made two ways – with or without cocoa powder. Let your heart grow three sizes with just a taste of this fun Christmas treat.
Grinch Hot Cocoa Cups
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, there’s always time for the Grinch. We just love that green guy here in our house and he holds a special place in our hearts. It’s one of our standard Christmas movie nights and we go all out. This is one of the biggest reasons that we knew that this delicious recipe had to happen.
This Grinch dessert idea is perfect for Christmas or any time during the cooler months of the year. If you’re a fan of hot coco, make these with the addition of cocoa powder. If you prefer a sweetened warmed milk, well, I’ve got you covered there, too. Let’s make them.
Think This is Pretty Awesome Stuff?
If you can’t make these right now, come back later and get all the details. Save this to a tasty pin board or share to Facebook so you can find easily.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links within this article.
Tips For Making This Easy Grinch Dessert
Don’t shy away from making this! Even though there are a few steps (and the freezer is your best friend), they’re very simple.
- Pick up the mini shot glasses at the Dollar Tree. They are pretty thin and will help you remove the cups from the molds easier.
- White chocolate melting wafers, candy melts, and almond bark all work in this recipe.
- You can add the candy only version (no cocoa powder) to a glass of hot milk for an amazing vanilla milk recipe that warms your heart and soul.
- If you want to make the viral cocoa cups that replaced the viral hot chocolate bombs, do it the same way and create the cup shell first. Do not try mixing the hot cocoa powder into the chocolate – trust me. Add the cocoa mix into the cup and then add the chocolate top.
- If the cup completely breaks while you’re making this, just melt some more chocolate and try again. If you just broke off a little bit, repair the cups with a little chocolate.
- There’s a good chance the the top might crack when you’re removing from the mold if it’s a bit too thin. If that’s the case, just add more chocolate or top with the marshmallows.
- I recommend grabbing red sprinkles to offset the white of the marshmallows and green of the chocolate. Candy canes (broken) are a great addition but if you have very small ones, please break them into very small pieces or crush them.
- Practice with a few first and don’t get frustrated with this most fun of food trends. Once you get the hang of it, you’ll be cranking them out in no time at all.
Who Should Make this Grinch Cups Recipe?
Everyone should make these – things go viral for a reason. These are great to make as surprises for the kids but they’re really a lot of fun to make together as a family, too. If you are making them as gifts, use these free printable hot cocoa bomb labels to make gifting easier.
More Christmas Dessert and Cocoa Recipes
- Jack Skellington Hot Cocoa Bomb Recipe – Anyone who loves “The Nightmare Before Christmas” will love making and enjoying these. And friends, they are literally the easiest 10 minute dessert you’ll ever make.
- Easy Harry Potter Hot Cocoa Bombs – Perfect for Harry Potter fans, these are kind of awesome. And yep, they’re full of surprises.
- Hot Cocoa in a Mason Jar – This is popular for a reason! Start with the basics and use the handy-dandy chart to make it a magical gift.
Please Save or Share
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Please save this to a Grinch pin board or share it on Facebook.