We’re enjoying a green hot chocolate right now made with these fun Grinch hot cocoa bombs that make an awesome treat or even better Christmas gift!
Grinch Hot Cocoa Bombs
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are seriously in love with the Grinch. And when I saw these hot cocoa bomb recipes floating around, my Grinchiness was the inspiration I needed for some hot chocolate fun.
All it took was a few minutes with a little melted chocolate, some sprinkles and we were in business. It’s a fun way to make a treat with the kiddo, or even gift to a friend. So, if you’re ready to make some fun Grinch hot cocoa bombs, let’s get started.
Psst: if you’re new here, check out all of my hot cocoa bomb recipes to decide which ones you’d like to make. It’s really fun to make a few different flavors and put them in a bag or box together for a sweet neighbor or teacher gift.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy dessert recipes board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Grinch Hot Chocolate Bombs
- You definitely need to use melting chocolate discs for making hot cocoa bombs. I’m not trying to be flippant or demandy-pants, but the deal is, they just melt better and work better. So, to make your Grinch hot chocolate bombs, grab some vibrant green melting chocolate like this and some bright red melting chocolate like this and then you don’t even have to worry about coloring your chocolate.
- I used the chunky heart out of this valentine sprinkle pack to make my Grinch cocoa bombs really pop. There’s one inside and one on top. Too fun.
- To use your hot cocoa bombs, I recommend heating your milk and pouring it over the hot cocoa bomb. It’s more fun that way to watch the chocolate melt from the top down. No reason other than it’s fun, but there it is.
How Do I Make this Grinch Hot Cocoa Bombs?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 1 12oz package Vibrant Green Melting Chocolate Discs
- 1/4 12oz package White Melting Chocolate Discs
- 6 Jumbo Marshmallows
- 12 Big Heart Sprinkles
- Green Sanding Sugar Sprinkles
- 6 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- Place green candy melts in a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring between each increment, until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Place about 2 tbsp melted chocolate into one half of a mold and, with the bottom of your measuring spoon, move the melted chocolate up and around the sides of the mold, making it thick and even. Repeat until you have 12 bomb mold halves coated in the chocolate.
- Place the lined bomb molds into the freezer for about 5 minutes to set.
- Remove chocolate filled molds from the freezer and press on one side of the chocolate with your thumb, gently sliding the chocolate half-sphere out of the mold.
- Fill half of the chocolate half-spheres with 1 tbsp cocoa powder, 1/2 tsp green sanding sugar, 1 heart sprinkle, and a giant marshmallow.
- Place 1 cup of water in the bottom of a plate or a flat-bottom bowl and heat in the microwave for 1 minute, then discard the water. The reason for this is to heat the surface of the plate until it's warm to the touch.
- Press an empty bomb half open-side-down flat onto the warm plate for about 10 seconds to barely melt the rim of the chocolate.
- Immediately place the warmed chocolate cup onto the top of one of the cups with filling in it. Press gently but firmly and hold for a moment to allow the two halves to bond.
- Place the white melting chocolate into your microwave safe bowl and melt in 30-second increments, stirring between each increment, until fully melted and smooth.
- Place the white melted chocolate into a piping bag and drizzle over the Grinch hot cocoa bombs, immediately followed by sprinkling with green sanding sugar and a heart sprinkle.
- Place the hot chocolate bombs into the freezer for about 5 minutes to set, then remove for use or store in an airtight container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. For a full policy on partner links, visit our policy page.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 471Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 62mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 3gSugar: 46gProtein: 7g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
More Grinch Recipes You Might Like
- Grinch Cinnamon Rolls – The most popular Grinch recipe on Ruffles and Rain Boots, this simple Grinch breakfast is a kid-favorite all the way!
- Grinch Rice Krispies – You can not go wrong with making tasty treats that have a Grinchy bent. They’re simple, fun and have a heart on top, so cute!
- Grinch Cookies – I love making flood cookies for Christmas and these simple Christmas cookies with the Grinch head are so awesome.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Christmas recipes board on Pinterest.