Mason Jar Hot Cocoa Gift with Printable Tag
This mason jar hot cocoa gift is a fun gift to make and is such a frugal holiday treat idea. Grab the kids and let them help!
There are affiliate links in this article which means, at no additional cost to you, we could receive compensation for our recommendations. You can read our full disclosure policy.
Dry Mix Mason Jar Hot Cocoa: Flavor Ideas
Oh, I love this gift. It’s simple, can be customized and you can make a TON of them without ever giving the same gift twice! This mason jar hot cocoa gift idea is also really fun to make with the kids. And we like fun Christmas crafts here on Ruffles and Rain Boots.
One note: get chocolate hot cocoa powder and white chocolate flavor, too. The variations we have used (so far) are below and I’ve made you a printable recipe page (the watermark doesn’t appear on the printed version).
- Choc-o-Holly: milk chocolate hot cocoa + chocolate chips + mini marshmallows
- Snow-Kissed: white chocolate hot cocoa + white chocolate chips + mini marshmallows
- Minty Kissmas: milk chocolate hot cocoa + mint chips + crushed peppermint candies + mini marshmallows
- Fiery Hot: white chocolate cocoa + red hot candies + mini marshmallows (it’s good)
- Salted Caramel: chocolate hot cocoa + caramel candies + sea salt + mini marshmallows
- The Melty Snowman: white hot cocoa mix + snowman icing decorations + mini marshmallows (kid favorite!)
- Ginger Fun: milk chocolate cocoa mix + 1 tsp gingerbread spice mix + gingerbread cookie pieces (or these gingerbread icing decorations)
Ingredients and Supplies
Friends, this is an easy craft and if you’re looking for a frugal gift idea, look no further. It’s quick to come together and the kids can definitely help!
- about 2 ounces of milk chocolate hot cocoa powder or white cocoa powder (our favorite)
- about 1 ounce of mini marshmallows (enough to form a layer on top of the powder)
- regular or mini chocolate or mint chocolate chips
- optional, crushed peppermint candies or candy cane
- mini mason jar (8-ounces)
- ribbon and hole punch
- printable gift tag (download it here along with the printable cocoa mix list)
How to Make a Mason Jar Hot Cocoa Gift
- Pour the cocoa mix into the small mason jar. Lightly tap the jar on the counter to settle.
- Top the cocoa with mini marshmallows.
- Add chocolate chips to the top of the marshmallows.
- Optional, add crushed peppermint candies or candy canes.
- Seal the jar, print and hole punch the printable gift tag, and tie it on with a piece of ribbon.
RELATED READING: Santa’s Little Baker Apron and Gift Set
Download Your Free Printable Gift Tag
Don’t forget to grab your free gift tag and printable cocoa mix list here. No sign up is required – happy gifting!
Get Creativity Delivered Every Week
If you want to join the fun here on Ruffles and Rain Boots, sign up for the once-weekly newsletter. I’ll share freebies and anything new and you’ll be the first to get them all.
Please Share This on Facebook or Pinterest
Your shares are how we grow and we are sincerely grateful.
Are these liquid or dry measurements?
I like the ideas. Thank You!
I’ve tried accessing the link with the instructions and it’s not opening. Is it still available? I want to make these this year for gifts. Can you help?
I just clicked on the link in the article and it is working. If you are using an Apple device, a new “thing” is that Safari isn’t opening pages sometimes. You can copy the url here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ct0FpEqBO33-7vrsbD6f3poiSOQJILTy
How much water or milk? And pour the whole jar in?
The tag linked has the instructions, Katie – you can use it or create your own for the gift recipient. It’s 1 cup + the jar.