This is the easiest gnome with boots I’ve ever made! And because it’s a gnome made with a cone, it comes together quickly. He’s definitely one to love and add to your home.
How to Make a Gnome with Boots
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are absolutely obsessed with gnomes. You just never know when you’ll need to gift a little tomte to a friend or decorate a shelf with a set of gnome friends. The mood just strikes and you have to do it.
This is such a simple gnome tutorial, really, but the result is this gorgeous heirloom piece gnome that I plan to gift this holiday season to someone who I know will find it to be as precious as I do. If you’re ready to make an artisan gnome, let’s get started.
DIY Christmas Gnome Tutorials
If you’re looking for the best DIY Christmas gnome tutorials, you have come to the right place. Check out all of my favorite tomte tutorials for the holidays!
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don't want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
Too busy to make this now or waiting on fuzzy socks? Pin this to your favorite winter crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make a Styrofoam Cone Gnome
- I found my little blue boots at the craft store, so look there or at craft stores online during the holidays. I found these adorable red boots that you can grab if you are out-of-season or don’t have a craft store close by.
- Generally, I end up making my gnome noses from whatever is on hand. Sometimes it’s wood beads, sometimes buttons. But for this gnome project, it was polymer clay. My point is use what you have.
- Grab a bauble for the gnome to hold. It doesn’t have to be anything big, just something which fits your theme. I used a bundle of cinnamon sticks, but a pinecone, cocoa mug, or even a little friend would be great.
- I made this entire gnome a no-sew pattern by using hot glue to make all my hems. You could absolutely use a sewing machine – whatever you’re most comfortable with.
- If you’ve never cut faux fur before, do not use scissors. Flip the fur over and cut the fabric only with an Exacto knife in a triangle.
- There are a few ways to make a gnome mustache from faux fur. I’ll show you one below, but check out my YouTube channel for so many others.
How Do I Make a Gnome with Boots?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More Easy Gnomes to make You Might Like
- How to Make a Gnome with a Face (3 Ways!) – If you love the little gnomes, but want one with eyes, well, this is my take!
- How to Make a Gnome Family with Cones – I had a friend I wanted to gift a gnome to, and then it turned into a whole little gnome family! So cute–and easy.
- 5-Minute Sweater Hat Gnome – There is not a faster gnome to make. This one comes together in 5 minutes, seriously.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy DIY crafts board on Pinterest.