These gnome Rice Krispies treats are a fun snack to make with the kids. They are a favorite of so many generations and the simple shapes make them an easy recipe and craft.
There’s just something about Rice Krispies treats – no matter where I am, I’ll pick some up. My favorites are the ones shaped like little characters, so it’s no surprise these popped into my head.
Gnome Rice Krispies Treats
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I whipped up this adorable set of gnome Rice Krispies treats after the kids were warming up after a play date in the rain. It started pouring while we were at the park (go figure, it is Seattle).
The kids had so much fun splashing, twirling, and partaking in a lot of general craziness, of course. When we got home, the kids hopped in a warm bath and I started on these adorable little gnomes.
No Time to Make This Now? Save or Share for Later
Need to pick up some ingredients? Save this to a sweet treat pin board or share it on Facebook. It will be easy to find when you’re ready to make them.
Tips to Make these Rice Krispie Treat Ideas
- Use the parchment paper to prevent sticking and help with clean up. You can also use a light coating of cooking spray on the sides of the pan.
- This recipe doubles well. If you’re making these for a Spring get-together or class party, double the recipe and you’ll have more than enough.
- My recipe is a plain flavor, but you can make peanut butter, lemon, Cocoa Krispies (use the chocolate Rice Krispies cereal), or even add Lucky Charms cereal. For more flavors, check out this epic list of Rice Krispies flavors from Aimee.
- For a darker green, add more food coloring; for a lighter, use more neon green and add a couple of drops of yellow food coloring. Gel food coloring produces more vibrant colors than typical water-based food colorings.
- If you don’t have cookie cutters in circles, squares, triangles, or ice cream cones, it’s no problem. Adult hands might have to use a knife to cut the shapes from the treats and fondant but little hands can decorate.
- If you have sprinkles, you can add them to the fondant with a little water. Or, you can let the kids do as mine did and just smush them all up in there.
- To add a bit more fun, put on the cute Sherlock Gnomes movie – we laughed so hard!
Make Gnome Rice Krispies Treats
Below is the written and printable recipe for gnome Rice Krispies. I’d love to see your version – tag me on Facebook or Instagram if you share.
More Rice Krispies Treat Creations
- Mermaid Rice Krispies – These go way beyond the shell shape, friends, and they were a HUGE hit!
- Adorable Gingerbread Rice Krispies Treats – I snacked on these all day and regret nothing.
- Football Chocolate Rice Krispies – They do exist and they’re fantastic for a celebration at the end of flag football season.
- Notebook Krispies Treats – Be the best at back to school with these Instagram-worthy cereal treats.
More Garden Gnome Party Ideas You Might Like
- Paper Roll Gnome with Yarn Beard – This is a fun craft for which adults all over the world have shown me pictures of them making. It’s also easy for the little ones.
- Adorable Gnome Homes – Make paper mushroom gnome homes that are too cute for words.
- Paper Roll Gnomes – We particularly love making paper roll gnomes so that kiddos can proceed to pretend to feed them at our party! LOL!
- Popsicle Stick Gnome Puppets – A little paint and a few craft sticks and you will have adorable girl and boy gnomes for pretend play.
Please Save or Share This
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please save this to a tasty treats pin board or share it on Facebook.