This Gnome Home Kid Craft is the Most Fun Fairy House!
I don’t care if you call this gnome home kid craft a toadstool house, a mushroom house or a fairy house, this is the cutest little kid craft of the week and so easy, we’re making a village!
Gnome Home Kid Craft
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are literally coming up with a new craft every day lately–we’ve just go so much time on our hands! And I decided that we were going to get crafty with paper rolls–so we went for a fun gnome home kid craft! So simple, especially when you use the free template, but excellent for the kiddo to learn a little about putting a little house together, this is actually a really cool craft.
RELATED READING: DIY GNOME CRAFTS FOR KIDS
I mean, if I were honest, I might say that I learned a little–but honesty isn’t for people pretending that we’re inviting fairies to come live in our little mushroom houses. So, there’s that.
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don’t want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
If you’re ready to make a little fairy house kid craft, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite fun kids crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make a Fairy House Kids Craft
- First, click here to grab the free template for the gnome home (or fairy house or whatever you want to call it). It’s going to make it so much easier to convey what size to make everything and all that.
- Be sure to use a fairly thick paint for your mushroom house. If you use a thin paint like water colors, you’re going to have to do 9 million coats. So pick something thick, even though we all know that’ll be a little harder to clean-up.
- Remember to let your kiddo be in charge! This is their project and they have the most fun when they can decorate their little gnome home however they want. Plus, they’ll be so proud.
- If you want to take this fairy house up a notch, go outside and find some fun nature elements to add to the exterior!
How Do I Make this Gnome Home Kid Craft?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Fun Kids Crafts You Might Like
- Kid-Made Gnome Garden Plant Markers – These are perfect if you have a kiddo that loves to garden and wants to help even after the seeds are planted!
- Gnome Peg Doll Craft for Kids – Can you imagine a whole little gnome garden with these and the gnome home?! Precious!
- Unicorn Pot Made By Kids – I couldn’t resist sharing this pot–the kiddo loved making it and she’s so proud, she planted a vine in it and it’s growing!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy kids crafts board on Pinterest.