This DIY Scandinavian house craft is so easy and fun. Head to the dollar store to pick up everything you need. It’s such a fun Dollar Tree craft for Christmas.
If you have a Cricut or Silhouette, you can use it to make things easier. If you do not have a cutting machine, get out a paint pen and let’s get started.
DIY Scandinavian Decor for the Holidays
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I am having such a blast making Christmas decorations this year, I can’t stop. Today, I sat down and made this really simple set of DIY Scandinavian homes from Dollar Tree materials and I just could not be happier!
These are very easy and it only took me about 15 minutes to make. I put them onto a tiered tray with a few simple white and wood Christmas ornaments and it is such a clean, modern design style. Grab your paint and let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Save or Share for Later
If you need to head to the Dollar Tree for some holiday craft elements, save this to a DIY Christmas pin board or share it on Facebook. It helps this site and it will make it easy to find later.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links within this article.
Tips to Make this Dollar Tree Christmas Craft
- If you want the accent, get the Scandinavian Dala horse cut file here. There are three horse SVGs to choose from in the set and remember: you do not need a Cricut to use these files (just print the PNG).
- For the little decorations around the edge of the house shapes, I think a paint pen would have been the best option (I couldn’t find mine) so my version looks more… hand made.
- Add decorative accents like simple ribbon bows or keep it very simple with a black and white, minimalist style. Both will work for Scandinavian Christmas decor.
- I got all of the supplies I needed from the Dollar Tree, so this is definitely an inexpensive Christmas craft idea but check your craft stash before heading to the store.
- If you are adding accents using a Cricut or Silhouette machine, pick up the Dollar Tree vinyl, as well. I like it for quick and easy projects like this.
How to Make a Scandinavian House
Below is the written and printable tutorial for this easy holiday craft. If you have any questions, please use the comments section below.
More Scandinavian Crafts You Might Like
- Mini Scandinavian Kissing Gnomes – They’re kissy and fun and just so sweet, I want to boop their noses!
- DIY Scandinavian Christmas Trees – They’re super easy to make and absolutely adorable – these trees are a fun Cricut craft!
- Dala Horse Ornament from Wine Corks – Make this cute and easy dala horse from a few wine corks for a unique Christmas tree ornament!
- Dollar Tree Candle Holders in a Scandinavian Style – Twelve on Main takes you through how to make this very simple and quick Dollar Tree set of candle holders.
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it with a crafty group on Facebook or save it to your favorite Dollar Tree crafts pin board.