I’m starting to get my farmhouse Christmas decor ready and I made this vintage Christmas farmhouse milk jug in just a few minutes with some handy materials!
Christmas Farmhouse Milk Jug
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are all about making a fun Christmas farmhouse craft on occasion. Mostly because it’s fun to have a little Christmas cheer throughout the year even if it’s nowhere near Christmas. This weekend I decided that a farmhouse Christmas craft was in order and pulled out this old thrift store find and a little mod podge to make this vintage farmhouse Christmas milk jug.
A quick and easy farmhouse craft, this Christmas DIY is such a simple and fun idea that you can use for a vase, a way to display gnomes (hint hint) or even a spoon jar. If you’re ready to make a fun holiday farmhouse craft, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite farmhouse crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make This Farmhouse Christmas Craft
- First, find a milk jug. I know, I know, mine is just so perfect and shiny and new…just kidding. I found mine at the thrift store last January. It’s what inspired this whole project. But if you aren’t hitting the thrift store lately (understandable), you can grab a milk jug here that’s just the right size and nicer than the one I snagged.
- Once you’ve got your milk jug in hand, download the free printable Christmas farmhouse label here. Sure, you could make a PNG out of it and print and cut on your Cricut on printable vinyl and yada yada yada. But sometimes, breaking out the cutting machine is just not worth it if you’re, say, out of printable vinyl. Or if you don’t have a cutting machine. So, no need for that, just print this on plain paper.
- Last little tip and we’ll get to the tutorial, but definitely start with a clean surface. If your milk jug is flaking paint or dirty, the modpodge is going to have a hard time sticking to the jug itself. Plus, there are going to be lumps in your decoupage. So, start clean.
How Do I Make this Christmas Farmhouse Milk Jug?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More Farmhouse Christmas Crafts You Might Like
- Dollar Store Duster Wreath – You’re not going to believe how easy it is to make this fun wreath from a duster. Yes, a duster.
- The Best DIY Farmhouse Christmas Crafts – If you’re on the hunt for the best farmhouse Christmas crafts, this is the set you need to check out.
- Mason Jar Lid Christmas Crafts – Fun crafting can start with the silliest things and a mason jar lid can make so much, it’s definitely worth looking over.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite DIY Christmas ideas board on Pinterest.