I found these supplies in my craft room with a gnome from Dollar Tree and in 10 minutes, this embroidery hoop gnome wreath came together beautifully!
Embroidery Hoop Gnome Wreath
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we LOVE finding a craft to make with “leftover” craft supplies. Now, I know that you could go to any craft store and get these supplies, of course. But when I find the items I need in the craft room (my guest bedroom, don’t judge), I felt like I’d won the lottery. Laid out next to the little Dollar Tree gnome, I knew I had a fun embroidery hoop gnome wreath on the make.
Quick and easy to make, I’m really excited to gift this to a friend who was recently bemoaning her winter wreath being too beat-up to use this year. She’s going to love this cute little gnome and that fun burlap ribbon bow. If you’re ready to make a buffalo check wreath with a gnome for yourself, let’s get started.
DIY Christmas Gnome Tutorials
If you’re looking for the best DIY Christmas gnome tutorials, you have come to the right place. Check out all of my favorite tomte tutorials for the holidays!
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don't want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite DIY wreaths board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make a Buffalo Check Wreath
- Let’s talk about where to find that gnome. I found my gnome ornament at the Dollar Tree. But, let’s be brutally honest, sometimes they don’t have the same things out at every Dollar Tree. That’s ok, though. Because, with a few more minutes and some scraps of felt, you can make a cute mini sock gnome ornament like this one that you can use the same way!
- If you like a rougher look, you can leave the edges of the buffalo check fabric longer and kind of just neatly trim it. It will still look very nice, but a raw edge on the fabric will definitely make for a more rustic wreath.
- How do you hang wreaths on your door? Well, if you’re fortunate enough to have a metal door, you can get one of these fun magnet wreath hangers. But, if your door is wooden, like mine, you can usually get by with an over-the-door-hanger like this. Sure, I could use a little nail, but I like the over-the-door kind because it doesn’t leave a hole and is pretty sturdy.
How Do I Make this Embroidery Hoop Gnome Wreath?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More DIY Gnome Wreath Crafts You Might Like
- Valentine Gnome Wreath – If you’re looking for an awesomely unique gnome wreath with a giant heart and a gnome…well, this is awesomely fun wreath for you!
- Elegant Gnome Ornament Wreath – Three cute gnome ornaments dangling from a yarn-wrapped wreath combine to make a fun and elegant wreath that’s ridiculously easy.
- Gorgeous Winter Gnome Wreath – Fluffy white roving, a couple of bottle brush trees and a mischievous gnome make for a fun winter wreath!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Christmas crafts board on Pinterest.