I am in love with how easy and fast these Easter bunny hot cocoa bombs were to make – truly a fast Easter treat for anyone who loves a good bunny!
Easter Hot Cocoa Bombs
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love bunnies. No, really, bunnies are just so FUN! Also, I have an obvious obsession with hot cocoa bombs because it’s always chilly (well, 9 months of the year) where I’m at. And don’t get me started on how much my kiddo loves them both too. So, when I got the opportunity to make a bunny hot cocoa bomb for the kiddo – I knew what I had to do.
I found some little bunnies, a couple of odd sprinkles in the cabinet and an egg silicone mold. Couldn’t have been a more perfect combination. If you’re ready to make an Easter treat that is almost too cute to eat, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Easter recipes board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Bunny Hot Cocoa Bombs
- Make your hot cocoa bombs as easy as possible by grabbing some pre-made little bunnies here. Sure, you can make them – it’s just royal icing, but seriously, they’re so little and making those tiny eyes…I just can’t avoid the allure of having a pre-made bunny on the ready!
- If you want to make these egg-shaped like I did, you’ll need an egg-shaped silicone mold like this one here. It’s quite a bit smaller than the normal hot cocoa bomb spheres, but you can still fill it with all the yum you need.
- Never, and I say NEVER, use white chocolate chips to make cocoa bombs. You won’t enjoy the experience. I highly recommend relying on white chocolate candy melts. They’re just pre-prepared for exactly this So, snag a bag of melting discs like this. Then you’re just minutes away from treat-heaven.
- When it’s chilly and you’re ready for a piping-hot mug of delicious Easter hot cocoa, just pop the Easter egg hot cocoa bombs into a coffee mug, then warm up enough milk to fill the mug and pour that on top. The bunny and egg will float, the bomb will pop open and “explode”!
How Do I Make this Easter Hot Cocoa Bombs?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 2 cups White Candy Melts
- 2 cups Hot Chocolate Mix
- 2 cups Mini Marshmallows
- Brown Bunny Icing Decorations
- Blue and Pink Ball Sprinkles
- Place the white candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl and melt per the directions on the package in your preferred method. I like microwaving mine. Stir well to make sure they're completely melted and smooth.
- Place 1-2 tbsp of the candy melt into one mold cavity and, using the bottom of your spoon, push the chocolate up and around the sides of the mold, keeping it thick and even. If there's excess chocolate, dump it out back into the bowl. Repeat with 23 additional bomb mold cavities then place the molds into the freezer for 5 minutes to set.
- Put your unused white chocolate into a decorating bag to use later.
- Remove the chilled molds from the freezer and gently peel the mold away from the chocolate cups.
- Add 1 tbsp of the hot chocolate mix and 4-5 marshmallows to half of the half-egg cups then heat a plate in the microwave until the surface of the plate is warm to the touch.
- Press the open side of one of the empty half-egg cup halves onto the warmed plate for about 10 seconds. This will gently melt the rim. Immediately place this half-egg on top of one of the filled half-eggs to close the hot cocoa bomb. Repeat with all of the hot cocoa bombs.
- Place a dab of the melted chocolate in your decorating bag onto the top of each bomb, immediately followed by a brown bunny icing decoration and two or three ball sprinkles.
- Place the prepared hot cocoa bombs into the freezer for 5 minutes to fully set, then remove and store in an airtight container until you’re ready to use.
- To use the hot cocoa bombs, place them in a mug and pour 2 cups hot milk over the top. Stir until the hot cocoa bombs are completely melted and enjoy!
You'll also need an egg-shaped silicone mold like this one.
For more fun easy hot cocoa bomb recipes, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. For a full policy on partner links, visit our policy page.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 488Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 404mgCarbohydrates: 109gFiber: 3gSugar: 80gProtein: 5g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
More Easy Hot Cocoa Bomb Recipes You Might Like
- Salted Caramel Hot Cocoa Bombs – Literally the BEST hot cocoa bomb I’ve ever made, this easy treat is so much deliciousness in a mug you won’t believe it.
- Mexican Chocolate Hot Cocoa Bombs – That tiny bite of spice is seriously perfection on a chilly evening with the smooth cocoa.
- Winnie the Pooh Hot Cocoa Bombs – He’s adorable, fun and the honey combined with the chocolate?! It’s scrumpilumcious!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy warm drinks board on Pinterest.