If you love the idea of making DIY hot cocoa bombs, but you’re not sure where to start, these Mickey Mouse hot cocoa bombs are easy and FUN!
Mickey Mouse Hot Cocoa Bombs
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we LOVE making hot cocoa bombs. It’s become kind of a big deal around our house and, frankly, seeing all the chocolate mustaches on the kiddo is totally worth it. I decided that we needed to make our favorite character, good ‘ole Mickey, into a DIY hot cocoa bomb for a movie night not too long ago – and WOW!
Such a cute idea, I couldn’t help but want to share these Mickey Mouse hot chocolate bombs. This is super quick to come together and surprisingly easily. And they’re perfect for a Disney party or a movie night. So, grab your marshmallows and let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite DIY hot cocoa bombs board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make MIckey Hot Cocoa Bombs
- Start by grabbing a silicone mold here. You will not be sorry, these silicone molds make DIY hot cocoa bombs SO EASY. I have tried a lot of different things to make hot chocolate bombs but silicone molds are by far the best.
- Although you can, using regular chocolate chips for melted-chocolate creations is not my preferred method. Chocolate chips can be so difficult, getting all sorts of lumpy for really no reason at all (they get just a smidge too hot) and getting chunky instead of smooth (because they didn’t get stirred enough). Instead, I like using candy melts. This kind of molding activity is exactly what they’re made for and they won’t let you down. So, snag a bag of melting discs like this in each color (chocolate and red) and you’re ready, set, GO!
- When you get ready to enjoy your cocoa, just pop the Mickey cocoa bombs into a large mug, then warm about 2 cups of milk (I never measure, just heat enough to fill the mug, you’ll be fine) and pour all that warm milk right over the bomb. The Mickey hot cocoa bomb will float, open and “explode” revealing the yummy marshmallows!
How Do I Make Mickey Mouse Hot Cocoa Bombs?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- ⅔ c red candy wafer melts
- ⅔ c + 1/3 cup milk chocolate candy wafer melts, divided
- 6 Yellow M&M’s or Reese’s Pieces
- 3 tbsp hot cocoa mix
- ¼ c mini-marshmallows
- 2 tbsp of red and yellow sprinkles
- Place 2/3 cup of the chocolate candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl and follow the package directions to melt them fully. Place the mold on a cookie sheet, and spoon about one tablespoon of the melted chocolate into each of three molds. Use the back of a spoon to evenly coat each mold. Repeat with the red candy melts, coating the remaining three empty molds with the melted red chocolate. Place in the freezer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the mold from the refrigerator and gently peel it away from the chocolate cups.
- Fill each of the red chocolate cups with one tablespoon of hot cocoa mix and 7-8 marshmallows.
- Warm a small plate in the microwave, then place a chocolate half-sphere open-side down onto the warmed plate and twist a little to gently melt the edge. Immediately place this gently melted-edge chocolate cup on top of a filled red half-sphere. Repeat closing the remaining two hot cocoa bombs.
- Set aside 6 chocolate candy melts from the remaining ⅓ cup of candy melts. Place the remaining portion of the 1/3 cup of chocolate candy melts in the microwave and melt completely per the package directions. Add a small portion of the melted chocolate onto two of the yellow candies, and immediately place onto the red portion of each cocoa bomb, leaving approximately ¼” between each of the candies.
- Drizzle about 1 teaspoon of the remaining melted chocolate over the top of center of each cocoa bomb and top with the sprinkles.
- With the remaining 6 candy melts, dip the bottom edge into the melted chocolate, then attach each candy melt to either side of each cocoa bomb as ears.
- When you're ready for a sip of hot cocoa, heat your milk and pour it over the cocoa bomb and enjoy!
For more fun hot cocoa bomb recipes, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. For a full policy on partner links, visit our policy page.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1095Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 332mgCarbohydrates: 184gFiber: 5gSugar: 141gProtein: 10g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
More Easy Hot Cocoa Bomb Recipes You Might Like
- Lego Hot Cocoa Bombs – I love how easy it turned out to make a fun and truly wow-worthy hot cocoa bomb for a lego party or just for fun!
- Strawberry Hot Chocolate Bombs – If you’ve got a strawberry milk-lover in your life, this is the hot cocoa bomb that they’re going to BEG you for.
- Bunny Butt Hot Cocoa Bombs – One of my most popular hot cocoa bomb recipes, this is so cute, I want to take a bite out of it!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy gift recipes board on Pinterest.