You can literally make this Dollar Tree gnome tree topper in less than 10 minutes and everything is coming from Dollar Tree. SO fun!
Dollar Tree Gnome Tree Topper
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love making gnomes. It doesn’t matter what the supplies, where I are or who I’m with. I’m always thinking about getting back to my craft room to make another gnome. So much fun and seriously adorable, this easy DIY Christmas gnome is so precious.
And the best part is that this particular design is customizable to make your gnome any way you’d like him. If you’re ready to make this fun Dollar Tree Gnome To make your own Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite DIY gnomes board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don't want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make gnome Tree Topper
- Start by heading to the Dollar Tree. You need a few supplies there. But I know that not all Dollar Trees are created equal, so I have some ideas for the important bits:
- If you can’t find the fluffy pillow to get the same fur look as mine, you can grab a terrycloth towel or a microfiber cloth, then use watercolors to paint it dark grey.
- Not every Dollar Tree has the big wood balls, and I get that. So, just look for something round. It doesn’t even have to be perfectly round, but grab some marbles or an ornament!
- Don’t panic if you can’t find the snowman tree topper for a base! use some poster board to make your own cone, then wrap it in wrapping paper to make the hat
How Do I Make this Dollar Tree Gnome Tree Topper?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 1 Snowman Tree Topper
- 1 1-inch Wood Bead
- Grey Fur Pillow
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue
- Remove the little markings and protrusions from the tree toper.
- Cut out a rectangle long enough to cover the white snowman face area of the tree topper.
- Wrap this beard around the face part of the snowman, hot gluing it in place. Make sure to wrap it fully around the gnome.
- Peel back the brim of the hat, just a little, then add your own hot glue to wrinkle the hat at the nose.
- Add the embellishment to the front of the hat and enjoy!
More Dollar Store Gnome Crafts You Might Like
- 10-Minute Gnome Wreath – Make this fun gnome wreath from a witch’s hat wreath form in just a few mintues – and it even has a fluffy beard!
- Dollar Tree Grinch Gnome – You start with a few supplies from the Dollar Tree and then you’ve got a mean one living on your entryway table!
- Farmhouse Gnome Wreath – Making a wreath can be so much fun and all these supplies came from the Dollar Tree, so you know you’re making something fun.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite holiday crafts board on Pinterest.