Looking to add a little fun to your holiday party? It’s time to make this no sew Dollar Tree Grinch gnome!
These are everyone’s favorite DIY gnomes for holiday decorating. Any Christmas party you attend this year is going to be fun thanks to all of these Dollar tree crafts.
DIY Grinch Dollar Tree Gnome
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we absolutely love this story (and the movies). DIY Christmas decor is my thing. So, when I was at the Dollar Tree and found this fuzzy green pillow, I could not stop thinking about how perfect it would be for a DIY Grinch gnome!
This Dollar Tree Grinch craft is one of those crafts that you can make in less than 10 minutes. It’s perfect for a Grinch tiered tray display or as a gift for someone who loves to decorate. If you’re ready to make a fast and fun DIY Christmas gnome, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Share or Save This
If you need to gather up some some supplies for this Dollar Tree Christmas craft, share this to Facebook or save it to your favorite holiday pin board to find it later. You can also join the Facebook group here and we’ll remind you where it is.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links within this article
Tips to Make This Grinch Sock Gnome
- I used Poly-fill beads that I did not get from Dollar Tree. I know, I cheated there but to be honest, I simply forgot I was trying to keep to the strict Dollar Tree rule. If you want to make this with ALL Dollar Tree items, you can replace the beads with some of the little rocks they have in the vase section.
- Hot glue is all you need to make this. However, if you would like to sew a gnome body, I have free gnome patterns in the Ruffles and Rain Boots shop here.
- Other dollar-store Christmas items can be used. I found a fun, fluffy green blanket at Dollar General that would work for this, as well.
- Why not put a Grinch on the Christmas tree? Use this same Dollar Tree pillow and make this easy Grinch gnome ornament.
- If you can’t find the fluffy, fuzzy pillow, don’t worry. You can make the Grinch with a green towel, a green sock, or even a slouchy hat from the Christmas section.
- I used scraps of lambswool fabric I had already but used the red felt from the Crafter’s Square section. For the trim, go to the automotive section at Dollar Tree, grab the white microfiber cloth or a duster from the cleaning section and use that for the trim.
- You do not have to make a Santa hat for your Grinch gnome. You can bring that pillow all the way up and over the body. To learn how: see how I made the Grinch’s trusty companion Max here.
How Do I Make this Grinch Dollar Tree Christmas Gnome?
I’m so glad you asked about this Grinch gnome DIY, below is the step-by-step written tutorial for this playful piece of holiday decor. If you are a visual learner, watch the full Dollar Tree Grinch sock gnome video tutorial here on the YouTube channel.
More Grinch Crafts You Might Like
- Max from the Grinch Gnome – I have a confession: I love Max just as much as I love the Grinch. They’re a packaged set and this easy gnome version of Max from the Grinch Movie is oh, so cute!
- DIY Grinch Wreath – This wreath is easy, fun, and super Grinch-y. It’s honestly as much fun to make as it is to display.
- Grinch Mason Jar – Do you want to make an easy Grinch gift but don’t know how to package it? A mason jar is always the answer.
Please Save or Share This Fun Craft
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Please save this to a holiday crafts pin board or share this to a crafty Facebook group.