I found birthday flavored candy melts and couldn’t wait to make birthday cake hot cocoa bombs – they’re the perfect birthday hot cocoa bomb!
Birthday Cake Hot Cocoa Bombs
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are sometimes amused by the simplest of things. And, in this case, it was chocolate. Specifically chocolate candy melts that were pre-flavored as “birthday cake”. Just picking up the bag at the store had me so excited – I knew right away I’d be making birthday cake hot cocoa bombs.
Decadent and a real treat, especially if you don’t want to bake a whole cake for a grown-up, for example, these cake flavored hot cocoa bombs are ah-mazing. The flavor, the smell, everything – it’s a true experience I can’t wait to share. If you’re ready for a fun treat, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite trendy recipes board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make cake Flavored Hot Cocoa Bombs
- If you are new to making these delicious treats, check out the tips and tricks I share on this DIY hot cocoa bombs tips page. It’s CHOCKFULL of goodies.
- No matter what, never make cocoa bombs with regular chocolate chips like you use for chocolate chip cookies. Especially if you want a white cocoa bomb. Difficult to work with is the honest truth about melting regular chocolate chips. Even that supposedly awesome almond bark. Don’t bother yourself with it. Instead, use candy melts. Perfect for melting and molding, plus they’re sometimes flavored like these birthday cake melting discs. Yum.
- The cake flavoring is only done with the candy melts, and that’s more than adequate in my opinion. But, if you were feeling a little silly, you could always use birthday cake marshmallows like these. But I didn’t – totally a personal preference, but I just couldn’t wait for shipping since I had the candy melts in hand.
- The way you get the most awesome experience with hot cocoa bombs is to warm your milk up real hot in a microwaveable glass measuring cup, then drop your bomb in the mug, pour that hot milk over the top of the bomb and let it explode, revealing your marshmallows and mix!
How Do I Make this Birthday Cake Hot Cocoa Bombs?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More Easy HOt Chocolate Bomb Recipes You Might Like
- Strawberry Hot Cocoa Bombs – Imagine the warm fragrance of strawberry and chocolate mixed together in a mug of cocoa – irresistible!
- Sugar Cookie Hot Cocoa Bombs – One of my favorite recipes, this is definitely a hot cocoa bomb that’s worth gifting to mom!
- Mexican Chocolate Hot Cocoa Bombs – A spicy twist on the norm, these hot cocoa bombs are the most fantastic way to enjoy a cuppa.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite cocoa bomb recipes board on Pinterest.