I found birthday flavored candy melts and couldn’t wait to make birthday cake hot cocoa bombs – they’re the perfect birthday hot cocoa bomb!
Birthday Cake Hot Cocoa Bombs
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are sometimes amused by the simplest of things. And, in this case, it was chocolate. Specifically chocolate candy melts that were pre-flavored as “birthday cake”. Just picking up the bag at the store had me so excited – I knew right away I’d be making birthday cake hot cocoa bombs.
Decadent and a real treat, especially if you don’t want to bake a whole cake for a grown-up, for example, these cake flavored hot cocoa bombs are ah-mazing. The flavor, the smell, everything – it’s a true experience I can’t wait to share. If you’re ready for a fun treat, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite trendy recipes board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make cake Flavored Hot Cocoa Bombs
- If you are new to making these delicious treats, check out the tips and tricks I share on this DIY hot cocoa bombs tips page. It’s CHOCKFULL of goodies.
- No matter what, never make cocoa bombs with regular chocolate chips like you use for chocolate chip cookies. Especially if you want a white cocoa bomb. Difficult to work with is the honest truth about melting regular chocolate chips. Even that supposedly awesome almond bark. Don’t bother yourself with it. Instead, use candy melts. Perfect for melting and molding, plus they’re sometimes flavored like these birthday cake melting discs. Yum.
- The cake flavoring is only done with the candy melts, and that’s more than adequate in my opinion. But, if you were feeling a little silly, you could always use birthday cake marshmallows like these. But I didn’t – totally a personal preference, but I just couldn’t wait for shipping since I had the candy melts in hand.
- The way you get the most awesome experience with hot cocoa bombs is to warm your milk up real hot in a microwaveable glass measuring cup, then drop your bomb in the mug, pour that hot milk over the top of the bomb and let it explode, revealing your marshmallows and mix!
How Do I Make this Birthday Cake Hot Cocoa Bombs?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- Place the birthday cake flavored candy melts in a bowl and melt in the microwave per the directions on the package, or per your preferred melting method. Stir well to make sure the candy melts are completely melted and smooth.
- Place about 2 tbsp of the white melted chocolate into one mold cavity and, using the bottom of a spoon, move the melted candy up and around the sides of the mold, keeping it thick and even. Repeat with 12 bomb molds then place the molds into your freezer for about 5 minutes to set.
- Place the rest of your unused melted chocolate into a piping bag or zipper bag to use later as a drizzle.
- Remove the set bomb molds from the freezer and carefully peel the silicone away from the chocolate.
- Add about 1 tbsp of the white hot chocolate mix and 5-6 of the marshmallows along with 1 tsp of sprinkles into six of the chocolate cups. Warm-up a plate in the microwave until the center of the plate is warm to the touch.
- Press the open side of an empty chocolate cup onto the middle of the warmed plate for about 10 seconds in order to gently melt the rim. Immediately fit this chocolate cup on top of a filled cup. This will close the cocoa bomb. Repeat with all of the chocolate cups.
- With the chocolate you set aside in the piping bag earlier, drizzle this over the hot cocoa bombs, then immediately top with the mixed confetti sprinkles. Lightly press the sprinkles into the drizzle of chocolate to make sure they won't fall off.
- Place the hot cocoa bombs into the freezer for 5 minutes to get them to set, then remove and store in an airtight container until you’re ready to use.
- To add a little touch of fun, you can pop your hot cocoa bombs into a cupcake liner or add a candle on top using melted chocolate to hold the candle in place.
- To use the hot cocoa bombs, place them in a mug and pour 2 cups hot milk over the top. Stir until the hot cocoa bombs are completely melted and enjoy!
For more fun hot cocoa bomb recipes, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. For a full policy on partner links, visit our policy page.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 985Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 970mgCarbohydrates: 187gFiber: 6gSugar: 143gProtein: 13g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
More Easy HOt Chocolate Bomb Recipes You Might Like
- Strawberry Hot Cocoa Bombs – Imagine the warm fragrance of strawberry and chocolate mixed together in a mug of cocoa – irresistible!
- Sugar Cookie Hot Cocoa Bombs – One of my favorite recipes, this is definitely a hot cocoa bomb that’s worth gifting to mom!
- Mexican Chocolate Hot Cocoa Bombs – A spicy twist on the norm, these hot cocoa bombs are the most fantastic way to enjoy a cuppa.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite cocoa bomb recipes board on Pinterest.