You can make an heirloom quality Christmas chef gnome using the Chonky pattern. With or without arms, this gnome sewing pattern is just the perfect little gift or decor piece for the holidays.
DIY Christmas Chef Gnome
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I challenge myself with presenting you with never before seen gnomes. When I originally made this gnome, I was going to push out the pattern because it was just too cute.
But I cannot ask anyone to pay for something that doesn’t have a LOT of inspiration pieces. So, I set to work and made 6 more: a few more chef gnomes, a garden gnome, and even a curly-bearded, casual Santa. After a year, the pattern was finally good enough to release. Let’s get started.
Need to Gather Supplies?
If you’re gathering up everything, be sure to save this to a crafty pinboard or share it to your favorite Facebook craft group so you can find it easily.
As an Amazon Associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links within this article.
Tips for Making This Fun Christmas Gnome
- The Chonky gnome pattern is here and can be styled so many different ways. You can make this chef gnome with a belly or a booty; give him arms or keep him sleek, make a full or half apron, and more.
- I used a holiday baking flannel (from Joann’s craft store) as the outer fabric but because this is a BIG gnome, I used a white fleece to act as an interfacing. Just be sure to tack the fabrics together (I show you how in the full-length video tutorial).
- Mongolian fur is my favorite (in white or frosted gray) because it has a long, 3-inch pile. That said, you can use any faux fur or even brushed out yarn for your holiday gnome.
- Be sure to weight this guy exactly as the pattern calls out – he’s big and needs that big base to be solid.
- If you have any questions, please let me know. It took more than a year to get this gnome sewing pattern ready – I’m very proud of it, friends.
How Do I Make a Christmas Chef Gnome
Below is the written tutorial – please note this is a premium pattern and the tutorial is cursory. I do share the full length, detailed Christmas chef gnome video tutorial here (grab the pattern first).
More Christmas Gnomes You Might Like
- Detail-Driven Christmas Gnome – This little fella is perfect for a gift you need to ship or display on a shelf. This the best-selling pattern for a reason.
- Scandinavian Holiday Gnomes – From the adorable muffler to the perfectly-placed patterns, check out this amazing pair of gnomes.
- No Sew Nordic Gnomes – Learn how to make these adorable holiday gnome cuties using just your hot glue gun!
Please Save or Share
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Please save this to a crafty online pin board or share it to your favorite craft group on Facebook.