I wanted to make a creative and fun new hot chocolate bomb for Valentines, so I made some chocolate covered cherry hot cocoa bombs that are so sweet for my sweetie!
Chocolate Covered Cherry Hot Cocoa Bombs
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we try to make something special for the kiddo for Valentines each year that is a little surprise for a snack or breakfast. Doesn’t really matter what, but a surprise that is totally unexpected. So, this year, since the kiddo is all about hot cocoa bombs, I decided to make some fun chocolate covered cherry hot cocoa bombs that are a little grown-up but oh so fun!
She’s going to love the cherry on top and the little white drizzle. And I loved how easy it was to make these cherry-topped cocoa bombs. If you’re ready to make a fun cocoa bomb for your sweetie, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite warm drinks board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Cherry Hot Chocolate bombs
- Forget about using chocolate chips to make hot cocoa bombs. They’re notoriously difficult, getting all lumpy when you want them to melt. Instead, to make your chocolate bombs the easiest way possible, I recommend using candy melts. They’re just pre-prepped for exactly this kind of melting and molding action. So, just grab a bag of melting discs like this.
- To top my chocolate covered cherry hot cocoa bombs, I wanted a real cherry on top, but I was worried a fresh one wouldn’t last long. So, I used maraschino cherries like these for that cherry pop!
- All it takes, when you’re ready for a mug of hot chocolate, just pop the bombs into a big mug, then warm-up enough milk to fill the mug and pour it over the bomb. It’ll float, open and “explode”!
How Do I Make Chocolate Covered Cherry Hot Cocoa Bombs?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More Hot Cocoa Bomb Recipes You Might Like
- Reeces Heart Hot Cocoa Bombs – Such a fun way to get that peanut-buttery flavor combined with just the right amount of chocolate in a mug!
- Raspberry Dark Chocolate Hot Cocoa Bombs – Oooh, that bitter bite of dark chocolate in a silky-smooth and rich combo with raspberry is just to die for.
- Strawberry Hot Cocoa Bombs – Sweet sweet strawberry flavoring with real strawberry and rich white chocolate flavoring!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite DIY hot cocoa bomb recipes board on Pinterest.