Buffalo Chicken Pinwheel Sandwiches
If you love food a bit spicy, these buffalo chicken pinwheel sandwiches are right up your alley. They have the perfect balance between a little heat and the coolness of the cream cheese.
The warmer months are around the corner, so that means less time we want to spend in a hot kitchen. These chicken tortilla roll ups sandwiches have only 5 ingredients and take just about 20 minutes to put together. It is the perfect picnic staple.
RELATED READING: Easy and Delicious Pinwheel Sandwiches You Should Try
Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels Recipe
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I love to share recipes with you. My favorite recipes are those that are as easy to make as they are on the budget. This buffalo chicken pinwheel sandwich is all that (and more). All you need to add is a bag of chips and you are good to go for lunch.
If you want to whip up this buffalo chicken recipe, I suggest grabbing a rotisserie chicken from your local warehouse membership club. It is so easy to shred the already-cooked chicken and it adds a layer of flavor you just cannot beat.
RELATED READING: Make Smoked Salmon Pinwheels When It’s Too Hot to Cook
No Time to Make This Now? Save or Share
Need to grab a rotisserie chicken for this buffalo chicken pinwheel sandwich? Save this recipe to your favorite appetizer or sandwich recipe pin board or share it on Facebook. Using the sharing buttons will make it easy when you are ready to make your pinwheel sandwiches.
As an Amazon Associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within this article.
Tips for Making Pinwheel Sandwiches
- For the chicken in the pinwheel sandwiches, you can use canned, rotisserie, baked, or cooked in the crock or Instant Pot.
- If you don’t have any hot sauce, you can substitute chili powder. This also helps with keeping the sandwich from getting as soggy in case you’re preparing these ahead of a party.
- If you do not have green onion on hand, use thinly sliced white onion instead. They have a similar flavor, so you can easily make this swap.
RELATED READING: Cheeseburger Pinwheels – These Are AMAZING (and Kids Love Them)
Ingredients For Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Roll Ups
Below are the simple ingredients I used for this quick lunch recipe. If you’re serving little ones, leave off the green onions.
- Shredded chicken breasts
- Cream cheese
- Hot sauce
- Green onions
- Large flour tortillas
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Pinwheel Sandwiches
Each step for this buffalo chicken appetizer is detailed below so it is easy to follow. Keep this page open while you are creating your chicken pinwheel sandwiches. If you prefer a printable recipe, scroll down and select the print button.
Place the cream cheese in a large bowl and mush it up a bit (technical term).
Add in the hot buffalo sauce and incorporate.
Mix in the shredded chicken and stir until combined. It will be a little bit “saucy.”
Chop the fresh green onions. Leave these off if your little ones hate green things.
Spoon ¼ of the mixture onto each tortilla, leaving a small amount of room at the edge.
Sprinkle ¼ of the green onions on each tortilla, if using.
Gently, but firmly roll each tortilla. You can place it into the refrigerator to ‘firm up’ – this will make it easier to cut and keep the round shape.
Cut into 1-inch pieces and enjoy this buffalo chicken pinwheel sandwich recipe with a green salad, chips, blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing for dipping, and a cold beverage.
Notes on Making Buffalo Chicken Pinwheel Sandwiches
- When slicing the pinwheel roll, snack on the end pieces as you go. What a great foodie pick-me-up (and they don’t look great if you’re serving this as an appetizer).
- When adding the chicken to the mixture, add enough to absorb the majority of the liquid of the hot sauce. This will keep them from leaking when rolling or getting soggy while chilling in the fridge.
- If you don’t eat a lot of spicy foods, instead of skipping this recipe, drink a glass of milk with your meal. It will cool your palate down in seconds.
- Add a layer a flavor by sprinkling your pinwheel sandwiches with shredded cheddar cheese.
More Pinwheel Sandwich Recipes You Will Love
I’ve been making pinwheels for years, so I have a lot of recipes for you. Some of them are baked, making them great for party appetizer or even dinner.
- Italian Meat Pinwheels – Take a classic sandwich and turn it into a tasty bite-sized appetizer or fun lunch.
- Pizza Pinwheels – If you have little mouths to feed, they will go crazy and gobble these up!
- Ham and Cheese Pinwheel Sandwiches – Another combination the kids love are these classic sandwich-flavored pinwheels.
Please Save or Share
Your shares are how this site grows and I sincerely appreciate it. Please save this chicken sandwich recipe to your favorite recipe pin board or share it on Facebook.