Sometimes, you just need a fast and easy holiday craft like making this buffalo check DIY Christmas tree. Checks off all the needs, wants and desires for me!
Buffalo Check DIY Christmas Tree
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love the holidays and coming up with easy and fast craft ideas to add to my farmhouse decor is kind of an obsession. So, when I noticed a blank spot on one of my little display table, I just new that making a mini Christmas tree was in my near future.
This weekend, I had a few minutes free, so I grabbed a few things from the craft room and made this easy and fast buffalo check DIY Christmas tree that fits so nicely, right where I needed it! If you need a DIY buffalo check tree, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Christmas crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make this DIY Buffalo CHeck Christmas Tree
- You want to have a sturdy cone base for the tree. Although you can use a paper mache cone, I prefer styrofoam cones because they have a built-in bottom, so you can add the candle holder. Paper mache cones are great, but without that bottom, the last row of ribbon is going to spread out and look weird to me. So, start by grabbing the variety pack of cones here so you can make different sizes of DIY mini-trees.
- If you have a low heat setting on your hot glue gun, use it. High heat hot glue can and will melt your styrofoam cone. Of course, the area you hot glue is going to be covered by the ribbon, so it’s not a deal-breaker, but the project will be a lot easier and go more smoothly if you’re not melting the cone as you work.
- To make this a non-Christmasey type of farmhouse craft, you can just leave the star off the top. This is a great winter decor piece that doesn’t have to just be for the holidays!
How Do I Make this Buffalo Check DIY Christmas Tree?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More DIY Christmas trees You Might Like
- DIY Faux Fur Trees – I love this easy and fun way to make faux fur trees for holiday decor – and there are 3 different ways!
- Easy Yarn Christmas Trees – My favorite way to make a mini tree is this mock bottle-brush tree tutorial with yarn.
- Upcycled Christmas Tree Gnome – Take that old faux tree and turn it into an awesome and adorable porch gnome!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy holiday crafts board on Pinterest.