Merry & Bright Christmas – How to Make Yarn Christmas Trees
I learned how to make yarn Christmas trees and was so excited, I had to share these adorable Merry & Bright decor pieces immediately–literally couldn’t wait.
How to Make Yarn Christmas Trees
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are officially obsessed with Christmas. It’s nothing if not the best time of the year to craft–because anything can be an awesome gift or decoration! One of the easiest Christmas crafts of the season this year has been making this easy set of yarn Christmas trees.
RELATED READING: DIY MERRY & BRIGHT GNOME
They come together so fast, it’s literally about 15 minutes from “grab the yarn” to “wow we’re done!” I seriously love holiday crafts that you can just bang out like that! Let’s get started making some yarn trees!
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite holiday crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Merry & Bright Yarn Trees
- Wind your yarn snuggly. And loads of winds. I probably had 100-150 winds. And they were so tight I almost couldn’t pull the loops off my template. But that makes for a really dense finished product, which is ah-mazing!
- Be sure to brush out your yarn. Seriously. These little yarn Christmas trees look absurd with the yarn it’s natural thickness. Speaking of looking absurd, trim, trim, trim. You will not be disappointed–unless you don’t trim off enough of the floppy bits of yarn.
- When selecting colors for your little yarn Christmas trees, be sure to pick two or more colors that are contrasting. Nothing says fun like a cheery Merry & Bright theme in pinks and bright greens to make for some cheer. Or red, grey and black for a farmhouse theme. Just look for contrasting colors to pull it all together.
How Do I Make this Yarn Christmas Tree?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More DIY Christmas Decor You Might Like
- Easy DIY Christmas Gnomes – If you’re looking for the ultimate in Christmas decor, you’ve got to check out these adorable gnome crafts!
- Quilled Christmas Tree Craft – Tiny trees are the most fun thing to make–and you can make one from paper in just a few mintues.
- Easy Decoupaged Christmas Plates – This is such a quick tutorial to make your dining room table look super sharp for the holidays.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Christmas crafts board on Pinterest.
I have a lot of yarn-all colors now I know what I can use some of it for. Thank you!