I adore how cute this simple wood round ornament turned out–and that I can make all three variations in just a few minutes.
Wood Round Ornament
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have plans to do a whole farmhouse Christmas this year. The tree is going to be decked out in farmhouse ornaments, there will be Christmas gnomes, and just a schlew of other fun farmhouse Christmas decorations. One of my favorite that I just finished making is this trio of easy wood round ornament ideas.
Not only are these super simple, but they come together so quickly. Which is one of my favorite things about most Cricut projects, I’ll be honest. There’s nothing like skipping the hour (or two) that it might take to paint lettering on an ornament. And, I’ll be really honest here, wood is not the easiest to hand letter–the rings just catch the pen fibers and it’s all downhill from there. So, Cricut for the win!
If you’re ready to make a few Cricut ornaments for your farmhouse Christmas tree, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite farmhouse Christmas ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make Cricut Ornaments
- First, you need to get your hands on some sizable wood circles (about 3 1/2 to 4 -inches around). And you’re welcome to cut your own (sometimes I do that), but for these, because a good part of the charm is seeing the wood round and the bark and all, well, I decided to buy some. They’re pre-sanded and smooth, so I don’t have to worry about that, and they’re flat–which is not something I can say about cutting wood rounds on my own. So, check out the great wood rounds I got here. The free SVGs are sized to fit this size wood round, so it should all work out in the end.
- When you are painting either of the black or white wooden ornaments, make sure to follow a ring. That way your “circle” isn’t a circle at all, but is more organic, like the wood itself. That adds a lot to the look of these farmhouse ornaments.
- Click here to find the jingle Christmas ornament SVG for Cricut or Silhouette in our shop! And while you’re there, be sure to check out all of the fun (and sometimes free) cut files and graphics I use in my digital crafting!
- Click here to find the Rudloph Christmas ornament SVG.
- Click here to find the let it snow Christmas ornament SVG.
How Do I Make this Wooden Ornament?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
Get 45 More Free Christmas SVG Files
Crafting for the holidays can be hard and I’d like to help make it easy. I’ve put a ton of my brand new designs into the shop and are giving them away to subscribers for free. Happy holidays, indeed. Whether or not you’re already getting the Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter, just pop your info into the box below and you’ll receive 12 days of crafty happiness delivered right to your inbox.
More Farmhouse Christmas Ornaments You Might Like
- Wood Gnome Ornaments – Seriously adorable and way too easy to make with your Cricut, you just cut them out, paint and attach a nose and beard. So cool!
- Christmas Gnome Ornaments – Far and above, our most popular DIY project ever, these gnome ornaments are so cute, you’ll squee.
- Gnome Felt Ornament – Easy to make and oh so cute, you can have this adorable gnome made in about 10 minutes.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Christmas DIY ideas board on Pinterest.