This easy hot cocoa ornament is a quick and fun Cricut craft that you can make so fast. I love the little marshmallows and snowflake details. They make this handmade ornaments one of my favorites!
Hot Cocoa Ornament
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are all about the handmade ornaments this year. I have a whole box of ornaments that are falling apart, don’t fit with my farmhouse theme, or I just generally don’t like them anymore. Unfortunately, I am still hoarding them. Fortunately, I’m crafty enough to replace them with handmade ornaments I’ll really love like this fun hot cocoa ornament.
Simple and straight-forward, this farmhouse ornament craft is quick to come together. But it’s also really cute in person. I mean, who doesn’t want a tiny hot cocoa felt ornament on your tree?! It’s insanely fun, so let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite holiday crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Ornament Cricut Craft
- Grab the hot cocoa ornament cut file set here. Although you definitely need the included SVG file for use with your cutting machine, you could definitely make this DIY ornament without the Cricut or Silhouette. The cut file set includes a JPG that you can print and cut it out just like a regular pattern.
- One thing I would change, if I could have, is the placement of the snowflake on the center of my mug ornament. I don’t know what I was thinking, that silly snowflake SHOULD be on the center of the front, not on the center of the piece of felt. I just got ahead of myself. So, if I were you, I’d recommend placing it about 1-2 inches from the edge of the felt.
- A fun way to personalize this handmade ornament would be to cut out the name of your person to whom the ornament is gifted on chip board, then paint and tuck it into the marshmallows. I didn’t have a chance to try this, but I’d really like to, for the kiddo.
How Do I Make this Hot Cocoa Ornament?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More DIY Christmas Ornaments You Might Like
- Christmas Farm Truck Ornament – I love making felt ornaments and this one is particularly close to my heart because it’s a kit I sent to a friend to make a matching one for her tree this year!
- Felt Unicorn Ornament Cricut Craft – If you can believe it, this fun felt unicorn ornament is one of my kiddo’s favorite DIY ornaments this year – and it’s not even Christmas yet!
- DIY Spice Ornaments – For a fun classic ornament, you can make these great spice ornaments with your kiddos to really bring on that Christmas smell.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Christmas crafts board on Pinterest.