Weekly Date Night Jar – 70 Free Date Night Jar Ideas!
Use this weekly date night jar and commit to each other with a date night a week for a year! From free to luxurious, these 70 date night jar ideas will help you connect each and every week (family ideas included).
Weekly Date Night Jar
I spent a good deal of money on the husband’s milestone birthday and needed something frugal for Valentine’s Day this year.
We all know connecting with our spouses regularly helps maintain a strong and healthy relationship but life is busy! Finances change, kids happen, mama needs a pedicure… My point is these ideas are:
- date night ideas for free,
- date nights for the whole family, and
- some pampering options, too. You know, for every once-in-a-while.
This weekly date night jar took less than an hour, including coming up with the ideas. If you use my ideas as a reference, you’ll be done in no time!
More Date Night Jar Ideas
If you want to make a HUGE impact with a few date nights at home, grab some more mason jars and put together one (or all) of these date nights in a jar. All of these take MUCH LESS TIME than the popsicle date night jar and they’re themed.
- Movie Night Date Night Jar – The old standard gets a thoughtful upgrade.
- Picnic Date Night in a Jar – Whether it’s the living room or a park, this is a hit with everyone.
- Painting Date Night Jar – This was ridiculously easy to set up and we both though it was fun.
- Romantic (and Sappy) Let Love Grow Date Night Jar – This is still growing on the windowsill.
- Sculpture Date Night – We had a lot of fun with this and made little tiny things with the leftovers.
Supplies For the Popsicle Date night jar
I spent $4 (price listed for what I purchased) and used what I had on hand for the rest.
- Craft Sticks $2.99 (Michael’s)
- Washi tape $0.99 (Target Dollar Spot)
- Wide-mouth Mason jar
- Fine-tip Sharpie marker
- Stickers to decorate jar
- Scraps of paper for a sign
You can either follow the simple steps below or print out the list of ideas, cut them out and put them in the jar as folded up strips of paper.
Get the printable list of 70 weekly date night jar ideas!
Instructions to Craft a Weekly Date Night Jar
You’ll flip over the sticks in order to know that one has already been selected.
Ideas for Keeping and Printing Weekly Date Night Jar Photos
- Use a print-on-demand service on Instagram (like Chatbooks) – wouldn’t it be great to create an Instagram account just to document your weekly date nights?!
- Create a photo book on Shutterfly or even mementos on PicMonkey.
- Set up a Facebook album
- Print out each week and add to a family album.
- Add a date jar idea stick to a journal (use washi tape) and then write a summary of the date.
Date Night Jar Ideas (some can include the entire family):
Ideas for Date Nights (some can include the entire family) – remember, you can get the list of 70 weekly date night jar ideas here.
- Dinner and a movie (his choice)
- Dinner and a movie (her choice)
- A night away (plan it as you pull it)
- Steakhouse, sushi, or ‘high dollar’ dinner (treating yourselves)
- At home movie night (his choice)
- At home movie night (her choice)
- Wine and Cheese Night
- Go through wedding book / videos
- Play scrabble (clean or dirty version)
- Tv show marathon (his choice)
- Tv show marathon (her choice)
- Write out a couples bucket list
- Sexy dice game
- Thrift store gift exchange ($10 limit)
- Tech-free date night out
- Family or couple impromptu photo shoot
- Mini road trip spent holding hands and snuggling
- Somewhere new in the neighborhood
- Go to a pottery or painting class
- Feed kid early and make a late-night dinner together
- Go to a nursery and pick out a new plant together
- Go out for dessert
- Have at 5 deep, long, slow kisses through the day
- Photogram – each snap pics of things that remind you of each other
- YouTube dance lesson
- Documentary night (or racy movie)
- Back deck dinner and wine
- Night car ride
- Breakfast date, sitting on the same side of the booth or table
- Paper airplane building and racing contest
- Go to a whiskey or wine-tasting
- Picnic on the beach
- Text back and forth why you love each other
- Couples double date night
- Firsts date – first date place, first kiss location, etc.
- Him – create a surprise date for her
- Her – create a surprise date for him
- Play a board game (can make it racy)
- Go to a local museum and hold hands
- Go to an arts and craft store, pick out, and create a project together
- Eat at a new, exotic restaurant
- Write love notes to each other and give them on the same day
- Plan a dream vacation together
- Dollar store date – pick out one thing that reminds you of each other, meet at the car, and exchange
- Plan a weekend getaway date (schedule it after securing child care)
- Go to the market together for a leisurely day (Pike’s Market here in Seattle)
- Play spin the bottle or another make-out game
- Make a why I love my life list
- Carve your initials in a tree (in your yard)
- Play 20 questions with each other
- Visit a close-by historical landmark
- Clean out a basement box together
- His choice
- Her choice
- Kid’s choice
- Blank – seasonal
- Blank – family-friendly in case childcare falls through
- Blank – fairs / amusement parks in town or while on vacation
- Blank – high-ticket outing like a play, ballet, or concert
- Make homemade ice cream sundaes
- Camping in the backyard
- Find an arcade and try and win each other the most ridiculous prize
- Walk on the beach (or around town)
- Stay in bed. All day.
- Go to a karaoke bar
- Make a living room fort (leave it up for the kids the next day)
- Share a milkshake at a diner
- Kiss on the Ferris wheel (or a city landmark)
For additional free or frugal date night jar ideas, check out these 33 at home date nights.
Please share this
Thank you so much for being here. Please share this to Facebook or Pin to your favorite DIY or romance Pinterest board.
Wow Sarah, it’s been ages since you’ve posted on here. I’d almost forgotten you had this blog. BTW those are some great ideas and I love that date night jar idea myself too. It’s a little too late for my relationship with that but I’m sure it’ll help others. :)