Make this movie date night in a jar as an easy gift for your partner. Click to see the quick DIY using a mason jar and watch all the smiles when they see it’s done for them!
Movie Date Night in a Jar
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we need the night off sometimes with you-know-who, so we are always looking for date night ideas we can both enjoy. One of our favorite things is a movie night, but going out to the movies is sometimes just too much.
Once the idea was there, we couldn’t wait to make the movie night in a jar to add to our arsenal of date night ideas! Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy – want to come back to make this? Pin it to your favorite date night ideas or movie night crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make a Date Night in a Jar
- Don’t be afraid to personalize the goods inside to surprise your significant other.
- Pull out your movie night in a jar anytime – it doesn’t have to be at night!
- Want to do something REALLY special? Customize one for each of your kids. They’ll love it and beg to have a movie date night with Mom and Dad1
- Grab your free printable here!
How Do I Make a Movie Night in a Jar?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you’re making a date night ideas playlist on YouTube, here is our movie night in a jar video tutorial.
- Wide-mouth quart jar
- Microwave popcorn
- Chocolate candies
- Peanut butter cups
- Chocolate mint candies
- Gummy candies
- Clear favor bags
- Striped cardstock
- Printable tag (click here to print)
- Hole Punch
Place each type of candy in a clear favor bag and tie the top with a piece of string. We used:
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- Swedish Fish
- Chocolate Mint Candies
- M&M Candies
Add each bag of candy to the jar.
Cut a piece of striped card stock the size of the jar top and place it on top of the inner lid. Screw the ring on to the top of the jar.
Print the printable tag and punch a hole in the corner with a hole punch.
Thread a piece of red ribbon through the hole in the corner of the gift tag.
Tie the tag to the top of the jar and finish by tying the ribbon in a bow.
For more great date night ideas, visit RufflesandRainboots.com
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Date Night Ideas You Might Like
- 70+ Weekly Date Night Ideas in a Jar – A new date night idea EVERY WEEK. Literally–for over a year. You’ll never have two exactly alike!
- Wine and Slime Party – Just scale it down for two and you and your significant other might just have a blast!
- Spa Night in a Jar – Repurpose this from a gift for teens into a gift for TWO. Can you imagine?! A spa date night with the significant other?! Ooooh, talk about magic!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite date night ideas board on Pinterest.