Change things up and make this painting date night in a jar in just a few minutes. It’s easy to put together and so much fun – you’ll both love every second of this cheap date night idea!
Painting Date Night
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love getting creative with our date night ideas. We were head-over-heels in love with our Picnic Date Night in a Jar and then our Movie Night in a Jar went over so well, I just couldn’t resist making another date night in a mason jar.
This painting date night is so inspired, easy, and just flat-out fun. I can’t wait until we do it again (maybe next time I’ll add a third in for the little one and make it a family date night). Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
Too busy to set this up now? Pin this to your favorite date night ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make This Painting Date Idea
- Grab the printable for painting date night jar or find an image online that suits you and your partner best.
- If you love this painting date night idea a lot, reuse most of the supplies for your next date night or put the leftovers in your kid’s supplies and make a new set for you and the date-ee.
- Make this the day you plan to go on your painting date night or make it a week or two in advance. None of these materials will go bad anytime soon.
- Get creative – don’t copy the picture exactly using the same colors. Try anything!
- Take your painting date night outside, to a park or a beach (if you’re near one) or keep it inside on the kitchen table. You can really take this anywhere!
How Do I Make this Painting Date Night in a Jar?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you’re making a date night ideas playlist on YouTube, here is our painting date night in a jar video tutorial.
- Printable painting template (here)
- White card stock
- Wide mouth quart jar
- Mini easels
- Wood rounds
- 4 x 6 canvases
- Paint brushes
- Rubber band
- Print out the printable painting template on card stock and cut out each design along the outer edge. Place the templates inside the jar facing outward.
- Add the paint to the jar, followed by the mini easels.
- Place the wood rounds on top of the jar to be used as paint palettes as you work.
- Screw the round ring lid onto the jar to secure the wood rounds.
- Place the 4 x 6 canvases in front of the jar and tie a ribbon around the jar and canvases, securing each side with a piece of tape.
- Gather your brushes and wrap a rubber band around the middle to secure them, then tie them to the front of the canvases.
For more fantastic date night ideas, check out RufflesandRainBoots.com
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Date Night in a Jar Ideas You Might Like
- 70+ Date Night Ideas in a Jar – A fantastic date night idea for every week of the year (and more)–you’ll never run out of date night ideas with this fun craft.
- Picnic Date Night in a Jar – A simple and fun outing with your sweetie? Oh, this date night in a jar is perfect for anyone who loves an evening in the park (or lunch, or anytime).
- Movie Night in a Jar – If the weather is getting you down, this date night idea is sure to perk you and your hubby right up!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite date night ideas board on Pinterest.