Make this picnic date night in a jar for an easy night in. Your partner will appreciate a low-key, handmade date night done for them! Let’s get started.
Picnic Date Night in a Jar
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I am so looking forward to spring and warm weather. There’s nothing like getting outside and enjoying those perfect temperatures in the evenings with your special someone.
We’ve gone through quite a few of our weekly date night ideas in a jar that work indoors and we even came up with a fun movie night in a jar to get cuddly with a movie. But this picnic date night idea works both indoors and outside.
Let’s get started on this fun (and easy) picnic date night jar.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin It for Later
If you can’t make this now, pin it to your favorite date night ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make this Date Night in a Jar
- Make this the day you plan to go on your picnic date night.
- While you’re enjoying your picnic date night with you-know-who, you can use your jar as your trash collection, so no littering!
- No one says it has to be outside – we’ve done many picnics in our living room.
- Be sure to include a favorite treat for your partner. ;)
- Don’t forget to get your picnic tag printable here to really add that finishing touch to your picnic date night in a jar.
How Do I Make this Picnic Date Night in a Jar Craft?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you’re making a date night ideas playlist on YouTube, here is our picnic date night in a jar video tutorial.
- Wide-mouth quart jar
- Small sauce jar
- Sliced cheese
- Hard salami slices
- Single serve peanut butter
- Small spoons
- Paper napkins
- Round crackers
- Dark chocolate
- Clear favor bags
- Red cardstock
- Printable tag here
- Hole Punch
- Slice cheese and salami and place slices inside clear plastic favor bags. Tie a ribbon around the top of each bag to secure.
- Break the dark chocolate into chunks and place the chunks in a clear favor bag. Tie a ribbon around the top.
- Place olives inside the small sauce jar and tighten the lid.
- I used a single-serve peanut butter for the crackers along with a couple of small spoons. Place the single serve peanut butter cup in the bottom of the jar.
- Place the jar of olives on top of the peanut butter cup.Fold the paper napkins in half and place them behind the olive jar. Add the small wooden spoons to the side of the olive jar.
- Fill the remaining space around the olive jar with round crackers.
- Place the bags of cheese, salami and chocolate on top.
- Cut a piece of red card stock the size of the jar top and place it on top of the inner lid. Screw the ring on to the top of the jar.
- Print the printable tag and punch a hole in the corner with a hole punch.
- Thread a piece of red ribbon through the hole in the corner of the gift tag.
- Tie the tag to the top of the jar and finish by tying the ribbon in a bow.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
For more date night ideas, check out RufflesandRainboots.com
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Date Night Ideas You Might Like
- 70+ Weekly Date Night Ideas in a Jar – A new date night idea EVERY WEEK. Literally–for over a year. You’ll never have two exactly alike!
- Wine and Slime Party – Just scale it down for two and you and your significant other might just have a blast!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite date night ideas board on Pinterest.