Get ready to give your tastebuds a true treat with this Unicorn Muddy Buddy recipe! So good, so simple and so colorful. Let’s get started.
Unicorn Muddy Buddy Recipe
Here at Ruffles and Rainboots, we welcome anything unicorn into our house at any given point in time. I love unicorn crafts and unicorn food – but these unicorn muddy buddies? Dynomite.
Totally addicting. Like…impossible to eat just one bite. (or handful..or bowl…or batch)
We make this for a fun treat on the weekends just “because” but it’s also super simple to make for a fun addition to a unicorn-themed birthday party as well. I can assure you that there’s no wrong way to make this treat, so there’s no reason why you shouldn’t whip up a batch right now!
Can’t Make This Now? Save This for Later!
You won’t want to miss out on this fun unicorn recipe. Pin it for later so you can come back to it.
Tips to make this Unicorn Puppy Chow
- Don’t microwave the chocolate melts for too long or they will burn. Friends, there is no saving them.
- Let the kids help with the shaking to coat. It’s so much fun and honestly, they do a better job than I do.
- Be prepared for these to go fast. If you’re making them for a unicorn party, divide out portions or there will be a few who don’t get any.
How do I make this Unicorn Puppy Chow?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial and if you have any questions, let me know in the comments.
- 1/3 Cup of each candy melts: Yellow, Bright Pink, Purple, Blue, and White (or you can choose your own colors if you want!)
- 1/2 Cup of powdered sugar for each color
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Powder Food coloring: Blue, Purple, Yellow, and Pink (again, you can choose your own colors if you want)
- 8 Cups of cereal, Chex
- 2 Cups of regular/original flavored Bugles
- Start by placing 1/3 cups of the yellow candy melts in a microwave-safe container. Add to your microwave at half power for about 30 seconds. Once that time is up, you'll want to remove container and stir. Continue to repeat this process until all candies are melted.
- You'll want to repeat step 1 above for all other colored candies.
- Next, take and add 2 cups of Chex cereal into a large bowl. Then, take your melted candy mixture and pour into the bowl that is holding the cereal. Carefully mix or fold until all Chex cereal is coated.
- Then, take and put 1/2 cup of powdered sugar in a gallon ziplock bag. Next, you're going to want to add in 1/8 teaspoon of Yellow Powder Food Coloring. Shake it up a bit and mix well. Repeat this same process for all colors.
- Now it's time to remove the candy-coated Chex cereal from the bowl. You're going to take it and put it into the gallon ziplock bag with colored powdered sugar. Once added, close the bag and give it a good shake!!!
- Next, grab a baking tray and cover with wax paper. Pour out the mixture from the bag and spread it out evenly on the tray.
- Now that you've done that step, go ahead and repeat steps 1-6 with remaining colors, except for White. For the white melts specifically and only, repeat steps above but replace with 2 cups of Bugles instead.
- Allow it all to dry before combining. Store in an airtight container when done!
Store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 107Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 116mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 2g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Unicorn Food Ideas You Might Like
- Unicorn Toast for a Special Birthday Breakfast – A fun and simple treat to kick off the birthday morning!
- This Unicorn Cupcake Recipe is JAW-DROPPING! – Delicious cupcakes that are simple and easy to make!
- Easy Unicorn Meringues Recipe to Impress – So much fun and will be the star of the show!
Please save this to Pinterest
Every time you save and share out recipes and crafts it helps our site grow and reach more people!