These unicorn meringues are not only delicious, they’re impressive to look at. Once you find out how easy they are to make, you’ll be hooked. Let’s get started!
Easy and Gorgeous Unicorn Meringues to Impress
Not only am I a sucker for the way these taste, but I also just happen to the love bright colors as well. Some people may think that unicorn food is too pretty to eat… I’m not one of them.
If you’re looking for a low-calorie, sweet treat, meringue cookies are just the ticket. And with this simple recipe for unicorn meringues, you’ll be the hit of any party or get-together. Seriously, aren’t these gorgeous?
No Time to Make Them? Pin Our Unicorn Meringues
No time? No problem. Save this pin to your favorite unicorn board on Pinterest.
How to Make This Unicorn Party Food
When I say this recipe is simple, believe me. You’ll be amazed at how awesome they turn out and everyone will be impressed by your unicorn party food skills. Any meringue depends on just a few tips and tricks, so follow our easy meringue recipe for winners every time.
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- food color (have fun and pick colors of your choice)
- 2 teaspoons citric acid
- In a vinegar-cleaned mixing bowl, add in the egg whites. Beat them on medium speed until you notice that they start to bubble up. Once that happens, add in the citric acid and mix on medium speed until you see that the egg whites are starting to leave trails in the mix.
- Next, slowly add in the sugar tablespoon by tablespoon. As you're doing this, turn your mixture to a high speed and beat until it's think and stiff white peaks are starting to form. (At this point, grab a bit of the mixture and rub it between your fingers. If you happen to feel sugar granules, you'll need to beat and mix more until you don't feel any of them in the mixture)
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees F and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Pre the piping bag by adding food coloring to the inside (stripes). Place your meringue mixture into the piping bag and pipe meringues onto the baking sheet lined. Place the unicorn meringues in the oven with the door slightly cracked. Bake them for 1 hour or until the unicorn meringues can be lifted off the parchment paper easily.
- Let cool and serve or store in an airtight container on the counter.
For more sweet treats with fun flair, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots .com
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 15 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 6mg Carbohydrates: 3g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 3g Protein: 0g
More Unicorn Fun on Ruffles and Rain Boots
- Unicorn Toast for a Special Birthday Breakfast
- Clay Unicorn Charm; Perfect for Best Friends!
- DIY Unicorn Ribbon Ring Decor; So Cute!
Creativity, Delivered Right to Your Inbox
I have a passion for sharing all things crafty and fun food, and I’d love to share those ideas with you weekly! Sign up for the Ruffles and Rain Boots once-weekly newsletter and I’ll deliver even more great activities and ideas right to you!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows. Please share this to Facebook or save this to your favorite unicorn board on Pinterest.