With the change doing school at home, we needed some desk organization. So I made these unicorn mason jars with this free unicorn SVG!
Unicorn Mason Jars
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have never really lacked for an excuse to craft. But the deal is that we’ve recently had the BEST excuse–more time with the kiddo. So, in light of that change to our schedule, we’re in need of things to store paintbrushes, pencils and so much more. So, of course, making a set of unicorn mason jars with the Cricut was on my list.
And wow, the result was so FUN! I love the little sleepy-eyed unicorns, but what I love most is that it’s so quick to make this unicorn craft. So, if you’re all in for making some unicorn jars, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite unicorn crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Unicorn Jars
- First, grab the free unicorn SVG set here. The set includes a JPG file, too, so if you don’t have a cutting machine, you can still print it and cut out the pieces you need with scissors!
- Don’t feel like you need to use giant mason jars for this project. I realized that I didn’t need full-size mason jars for what I planned these jar’s function to be: paintbrush holders. So, I grabbed the mini jars like these to make my unicorn jars.
- If you plan to use your little unicorn jars where they might come in contact with water, like as in my planned use of paintbrushes, I recommend using a dishwasher safe craft sealant like this. That way, even though I know you don’t plan to put your unicorn mason jars in the dishwasher (that felt would never survive), you can still get the jar itself clean without too much effort.
How Do I Make These Unicorn Mason Jars?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 3 Small Mason Jars
- Black Yarn
Acrylic Paint in:
Craft Felt in:
- Pale Pink
¼ inch Ribbon in:
- Cricut Explore Air 2 or Cricut Maker
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue
- Make sure there are no labels on the jars and that they are clean and dry. Paint one of the jars pink, one of the jars blue and one of the jars purple. Allow them to dry completely.
- Download the free unicorn SVG and upload it to Cricut Design Space. Cut out the following items: 3 Unicorn Horns and Horn “Swirl” Shapes from Yellow/Gold Craft Felt; 6 Small Ear Shapes from Pale Pink Craft Felt; 2 Large Ear Shapes from Blue Craft Felt; 2 Large Ear Shapes from Pink Craft Felt; 2 Large Ear Shapes from Purple Craft Felt
- Attach the horn “swirl” pieces onto the horn shapes from smallest on top to largest on bottom, with hot glue. Attach one of the assembled horns to each of the jars.
- Glue one of the small pink ear shapes to each of the larger colored ear shapes. Affix two of the assembled ears to each of the jars, one on each side of the horn.
- Make a hot glue line in the shape of a unicorn's closed sleepy eye on one side of one mason jar. Immediately place the black yarn over this line. Add an eyelash, if desired. Repeat to make all of the eyes.
- Tie a ribbon with a bow around the top of each jar and enjoy!
For more fun unicorn craft ideas, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get everything – inspiration, notification of new SVG designs and more!
Get Notified of New SVGs!
Get TONS of free SVG files to help you create for friends, family, and your home.
You'll get all of these (and so many more) along with the weekly newsletter from ruffles and rain boots.
If you use GMAIL or YAHOO, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Sarah
More Unicorn Crafts You Might Like
- Unicorn Paper Mask – Grab the unicorn cut file, then cut out as many blanks as you want. When you’re ready, let the kiddo decorate to their heat’s content!
- Unicorn Mason Jar Nightlight – So stinkin’ cute, you’re going to want a dozen. These easy unicorn nightlights are so fast to make and perfect for the kiddos.
- Summer Unicorn SVG Bundle – Who doesn’t love having a unicorn floatie to top off your favorite unicorn craft for the summer?!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy DIY ideas board on Pinterest.