This fun free unicorn SVG is everything you need to make a unicorn paper mask and spend an entire afternoon having a unicorn party with the kiddo!
Unicorn Paper Mask
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we indulge the kiddo in a lot of different things. Cupcakes, check! Long walks almost daily, check! Random crafts, absolutely check! And one of the things the kiddo asked for recently was to have a unicorn tea party where she could be–you guessed it–a real unicorn. So I made this easy unicorn SVG for Cricut or Silhouette that she could use to make a unicorn mask!
And wow–the versatility of this fantastic unicorn SVG is unparalleled. She made a completely different unicorn mask than I did–just by decorating it uniquely. And then we had our unicorn tea and pretended to be unicorns for most of the day afterward. What can I say? I’m indulgent sometimes.
So, if you’re ready indulge in some fun unicorn crafting for kids, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite kids crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make A Unicorn Mask From Paper
- Click here to get the free unicorn SVG for the mask. It’s so easy to use, just download, then upload it to Cricut Design Space or Silhouette Studio and you can cut the shape from paper, felt or anything.
- Ultimately, you use whatever paper you have on hand, but the paper I chose to use was the thicker 80lb card stock, that way the unicorn mask would hold up for a few wearings.
- I can’t find the exact yarn that I used for this mask online–I just grabbed it off the shelf at my local craft store. But if you’re not sure…you’re on the fence…I found a beautiful rainbow variegated yarn here that would be perfect for a unicorn mane!
How Do I Make this Unicorn Paper Mask?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- Card Stock Paper in White, Yellow/Gold, Black, Pink, Blue and Purple
- Rainbow Variegated Yarn
- Free Unicorn SVG
- Circut Explore Air2 or Cricut Maker
- Light Grip Mat
- School Glue
- Pencil or Chopstick
- Single Hole Punch
- Download the free unicorn SVG and upload it to Cricut Design Space or Silhouette Studio. Follow the prompts to cut the unicorn face from white card stock, the flowers (one each) from pink, blue and purple card stock, the nostrils from black card stock and the large horn shape from the yellow/gold card stock.
- Using your pencil, roll the unicorn horn inward, to give the horn that signature spiral shape. Tape that horn in a tight roll and remove the pencil. Repeat with each of the flowers. Set aside.
- Cut 10-20 24-inch lengths of the rainbow variegated yarn and loop them through the provided mane holes on the cut unicorn face. Tie the loops of yarn onto the unicorn face on the inside of the mask. Trim the yarn close to the not, then with a piece of tape, affix the loose ends of the yarn against the inside of the mask.
- Using the glue, attach the nostril shapes on the unicorn face toward the bottom. Once the glue has dried, roll the two sides of the muzzle, giving it a nice shape.
- Glue or tape the horn on the top of the head, surrounded by the little flowers.
- With the hole punch, decide where your kiddo needs their support based on where their ears are (since the yarn will need to go over their ears) and punch the holes accordingly on each side of the unicorn mask.
- Thread yarn or ribbon through the holes and tie the mask on your kiddo's face!
For more fun unicorn crafts for kids, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Kid’s Crafts You Might Like
- Dragon Paper Mask – This is the perfect matching mask if your kiddo has a friend or a sibling and they want to play together but not have the SAME mask!
- Printable Unicorn Mask – If you need more unicorn mask in your life, this fun variation on the unicorn mask idea is my original unicorn craft that I love.
- DIY Unicorn Crafts, Food and Printables – These are the most fun and creative unicorn crafts, unicorn food, and unicorn printables that you’ll find anywhere!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite unicorn crafts board on Pinterest.