Imagine a hot day, a cold glass of tea and one of these perfect little strawberry shortcake cupcakes on your porch? Perfect summer party, right there.
Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we adore the summer. So hot, but the time spent outside and the opportunities to have the perfect cupcake in hand with a cold glass of tea? That really just sounds fine right about now. I mean, not like Texas summers or anything–those are a bit hot. But the summers here…that’s perfect.
And these cupcakes are perfect for just that (even you, Texas–just enjoy yours inside). All the strawberry flavor I could pack into one cupcake with that distinctive cake flavor that makes a thing strawberry shortcake yummy. If you’re ready to make a sweet treat for summer, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy cupcake decorating ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Strawberry Cupcakes
- I like to start with my favorite easy vanilla cupcake recipe. It’s soft, moist, fluffy and just the perfect base for strawberry shortcake cupcakes.
- Now, cream cheese frosting would be ok in this recipe, it really would, but then it would be more like a strawberry cheesecake cupcake instead of a strawberry shortcake cupcake. So, if you want to stay true to the shortcake flavor and also, if you want to be lazy like I was, go with canned strawberry frosting. Because, let’s be honest, that’s where we’re at in life now, right?!
- Never ever frost your cupcakes until they’ve cooled completely. Seriously–warm cupcake is yummy. And icing is yummy. But mix warm cupcake and icing and you get this icky mess. Just be patient and let ’em cool!
How Do I Make this Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 1 can of Strawberry frosting
- 1/2 package of Golden Oreo cookies
- 1/2 package of Strawberry Jello (3.4 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Neon Pink Food coloring gel
- 1 Pint of fresh Strawberries
- While your cupcakes cool, place the 1/2 package of Oreo cookies in a blender, and pulse until they turn into crumbs. Add the 1/2 package of Strawberry Jello, and blend until mixed. Place the cookie crumbs into a medium bowl, and stir in the Neon pink food coloring. Set aside.
- Wash, dry and remove the stems of the strawberries. Leave on paper towels to dry.
- When your cupcakes are completely cooled, place the strawberry frosting in a decorating bag with a large star tip, and frost the cupcakes in a big swirl ending at a point in the center of the cupcake.
- Roll the sides of each of the frosted cupcakes in the cookie crumbs or use your fingers to drop pinches of cookie onto the sides of the cupcake frosting.
- Place a strawberry in the center of each cupcake, and place one small dollop of frosting on the top then enjoy!
For more summer cupcake decorating ideas, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 41Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 25mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Easy Summer Cupcake Decorating Ideas You Might Like
- Campfire Cupcakes – Super fun and definitely reminiscent of a campfire, these cupcakes are the perfect backyard campout cupcake!
- Lemonade Cupcakes – Oh so much sweet lemon flavor with yummy cupcake and just everything awesome you might find at a lemonade stand.
- Dragonfruit Cupcakes – Ok. If the title doesn’t pull you in, think about this: pink icing, real dragonfruit and moist crumb you’re going to love.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite summer desserts board on Pinterest.