Lemonade Cupcakes are Perfect for a Summer Pool Party!
I adore summer party season and having this handy lemonade cupcake recipe this year is my plan. Because, frankly lemon cupcakes are ah-mazing.
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love to beat the summer heat with a long, fun dip in the pool. And we LOVE to invite friends over to do the same. So, I like to have some cupcakes in mind ready to bake and serve to all the hungry people that find their way out of the pool come a random afternoon.
RELATED READING: UNICORN CRAFTS, FOOD AND PRINTABLES
This year, I’m planning to have lemonade cupcakes in mind to keep my guests snack-happy. They’re light, fluffy and definitely one of the best cupcakes you’ll ever enjoy. If you’re ready for a lemon cupcake to burst on your tongue, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy dessert recipes board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Lemon Cupcakes
- Start with your favorite vanilla cupcake recipe. If you’re anything like me, you definitely need a “no-fail” cupcake in your life, so I always fall back on my Lazy Girl cupcakes. Done right every time–as long as you can follow a basic recipe.
- If you want to make your guests REALLY pucker-up, you can crush some Lemonheads candy into a light dust and pack it into the center of your cupcake like sprinkles in a surprise cupcake.
- If your heart is just set on it, you can make a cream cheese frosting, sure. But the best, most light and fluffy frosting you can pipe with a decorating bag is this awesome homemade buttercream in this recipe, with confectioners sugar and all the lemon flavor you could ever dream of.
- Always always always let your cupcakes cool to room temperature before you frost them because warm frosting is no fun. You’re just asking for the frosting to just melt off on the counter then. LOL!
How to Make This Yummy Lemonade Cupcake Recipe
Below is the written and printable tutorial for this fun cupcake decorating idea. Use the comments section below if you have any questions.
More Summer Cupcake Recipes You Might Like
- Rainbow Cupcakes - Seriously one of my favorite summer cupcake recipes--so light and bright and fun I can't get over it.
- Cotton Candy Cupcakes - If you love cotton candy (which I do) and you love cupcakes (which I obviously do), then this little marriage between the two will make you smile.
- Narwhal Cupcakes - Unicorn of the sea, these cupcakes are all about that horn--and derpy smile. LOL!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite cupcake recipes board on Pinterest.