I adore these easy Santa hat cupcakes. They came together super fast–and they look stunning. You just need about 10 mintues and a decorating bag!
Santa Hat Cupcakes
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are seriously Christmas cupcake obsessed lately. There’s been everything from candy cane cupcakes to Christmas light cupcakes in the kitchen. I love them all! One of the easiest, though is these simple Santa hat cupcakes.
Fast, fun and definitely tasty, get the kids ready to make some cupcakes and let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite holiday treats board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make Santa cupcakes
- My favorite vanilla cupcake recipe is a fantastic base for all sorts of Christmas party cupcakes. I just love a no-fail cupcake, so I don’t have to worry about messing it up. And, since this fun cupcake decorating idea calls for chocolate cupcakes, I just add 1/2 cup of melted chocolate chips or 1/2 cup of cocoa powder and viola!
- This recipe calls for making your own buttercream frosting, but you could use whipped cream frosting, cream cheese frosting or whatever white frosting you want. Just make half of it red frosting and you’re in business!
- If you don’t have any marshmallows to top your Santa hat cupcakes, you can just pipe a bit of white chocolate or white frosting onto the top of the hat with a small star tip.
How Do I Make this Santa Hat Cupcake?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 12 of your favorite chocolate cupcakes
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 1 tsp red gel food coloring
- 6 mini marshmallows
- Bake your cupcakes using your favorite cupcake recipe. If your favorite cupcakes are vanilla, be sure to add a 1/2 cup of melted chocolate chips or 1/2 cup of cocoa powder to make them chocolate. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely.
- Cream together butter, sugar, and milk until it forms stiff peaks.
- Frost each cupcake with a single thin layer of this icing.
- Add cocoa and red food coloring to your remaining frosting and mix thoroughly.
- Fill a decorating bag and pipe out a tall triangular shape onto the top center of each cupcake to make a hat shape.
- Cut the mini marshmallows in half.
- Place 1/2 of a mini marshmallow on top the triangle hat shapes.
For more fun Christmas cupcake decorating ideas, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 181Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 88mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 0gSugar: 23gProtein: 1g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Holiday cupcake Recipes You Might Like
- Hot Chocolate Cupcakes – If you need a holiday cupcake, this is it. Nothing is more fun than a chocolate cake cupcake topped with marshmallows.
- Snowman Cupcakes – If you need a fun kid-made cupcake for Christmas, this is the cupcake you need. NEED!
- Christmas Tree Cupcakes – So simple (and just like these Santa cupcakes) these are exactly the best in Christmas cupcake decorating ideas.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite holiday treats board on Pinterest.