When the kiddo asked for Frosty the Snowman cupcakes, how could I refuse?! They’re easy, fun and the most perfect Christmas cupcakes kids can make!
Frosty the Snowman Cupcakes
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are all about making the perfect Christmas cupcakes. It’s kind of a never-ending search, though. I have made everything from Santa Claus belly cupcakes to Christmas light cupcakes. But these melting snowman cupcakes are one of the best dessert recipes that a girl could make.
I mean, it may look complicated, but this is super easy. Just toss a marshmallow head on top and a little peanut butter cup hat. Then your frosty cupcakes are ready to eat! So, pop on some Christmas songs and let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite cupcake decorating ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make Melting Snowmen Cupcakes
- I like to start with my favorite vanilla cupcake recipe. It’s tried and true, so I don’t have to worry about messing it up. But you can use your favorite cake mix or whatever. It’s that easy. You can make them into chocolate cake, if you want, but I don’t think it’s necessary for this recipe.
- If you want to make your carrot nose out of something other than fondant, you can use a Starburst candy, microwaved for 5 seconds.
- To make the eyes and mouth for your snowman dessert, you just make a dot with your edible marker. So, if you wanted to do that with melted chocolate, using a toothpick as a paintbrush, it’ll work! Or you could even use mini chocolate chips. Super easy.
- This recipe calls for making your own vanilla frosting, but you can just grab a can of it, no one would be the wiser. You just need to frost cupcakes, no big deal–I promise I’m not some cupcake traffic cop that’s going to judge you for doing your cupcakes different from mine.
- Always always always let your cupcakes cool to room temperature before you frost them because warm frosting is no fun.
How Do I Make this Snowman Cupcake?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 12 of your favorite vanilla cupcakes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- 12 marshmallows
- 12 mini peanut butter chocolate cups
- 1/8 cup pink fondant
- 1 tsp. orange fondant
- Black edible ink marker
- Bake your cupcakes with your favorite vanilla cupcake recipe. Make sure they're completely cooled before trying to decorate them.
- Cream together powdered sugar, butter, and milk until stiff peaks form.
- Frost each cupcake with a thin layer of icing.
- With the edible ink marker, place two dots for eyes on each marshmallow.
- Make 12 small cones about 1/4 inch long from the orange fondant.
- With a small dab of frosting, secure one of the small cones of orange fondant to the center of each marshmallow’s face.
- Set one marshmallow on top of each cupcake.
- Place a dab of frosting on top of each marshmallow, followed by an upside down mini peanut butter chocolate cup.
- Roll out the pink fondant to about ¼-inch thickness.
- Cut pink fondant into 12 strips, approximately 4-inches long by ½-inch wide.
- Cut a fringe on each end of each pink fondant strip, about 1/2-inch deep into the fondant.
- Wrap one fondant scarf around each of the marshmallow snowmen's necks.
For more fun holiday cupcake recipes, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 197Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 82mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 0gSugar: 27gProtein: 1g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Christmas Cupcakes You Might Like
- Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer Cupcakes – I adore these easy Christmas cupcakes, they’re so simple and the little antlers?! Cute!
- Christmas Tree Cupcakes – If you need a creative Christmas cupcake that the kids can help make, this is it!
- Hot Chocolate Cupcakes – Absolutely one of the easiest holiday cupcake recipes ever. And who doesn’t love a cupcake topped with marshmallows?!
- Gingerbread Cupcakes– One of the best Christmas cupcake recipes you’ll ever find, it’s a cupcake with a COOKIE! Woohoo!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Christmas desserts board on Pinterest.