This Lump of Coal Soap Recipe is So Funny and Easy!
If you’re looking for a funny–but very useful idea for a stocking stuffer, this lump of coal soap recipe is hilarious. Plus, making this piece of coal soap is really easy and fast!
Lump of Coal Soap Recipe
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are on a mission to bring the funny to stocking stuffers this year. It started with the idea to make DIY bath bombs, but now it’s grown into making soaps and, specifically, this awesome lump of coal soap.
RELATED READING: CHRISTMAS BATH BOMB RECIPE
Now, I know not everybody is into gag gifts, but this little DIY gift idea is more than just a joke. There’s real purpose behind this soap. Because of the charcoal, it makes a great heavy-duty soap for anytime you’ve gotten oil on your hands or paint, or anything. So, it’s not just a joke, but it’s useful–cool! If you’re ready to get your stocking stuffers made, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Christmas crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make Coal Soap
- Allow your coal soap to harden fully before you pull them out of the mold. That could be as little as 1-2 hours, but it’s best if you follow the directions on your melt-and-pour soap. I like to leave mine overnight just to make sure. If you’re in a hurry, you can test the lump of coal soap by blowing on it. If it forms ripples, it’s not hard yet and should not be removed from the mold.
- To package these for dropping in a stocking, I plan to wrap mine in some tissue paper. But you could just drop them in with nothing around them, or add a little note. They’re your stocking stuffers so you can do anything!
- Store your coal soaps in an airtight container until you’re ready to use them. They’re not going to de-fizzy-fy like bath bombs, but there’s no need to let all the yummy smells escape.
How Do I Make this DIY Soap Recipe?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you have any questions, use the comments section below.
More DIY Gift Ideas You Might Like
- Christmas Cupcake Bath Bombs – Another great stocking stuffer idea, you’re giving the gift of a bath bomb AND a little soap topper. Yummy!
- Gingerbread Bath Bombs – If you’ve ever wanted to have a bath bomb that smells JUST LIKE a gingerbread man, this is the recipe you need.
- Snowball Bath Bombs – More fun than those melty, wet balls of ice, these fun bath bombs are perfect for relaxing in the bath after a cold day of playing in the snow.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Christmas crafts board on Pinterest.