Because the fall is just a wonderful time of year, I made these caramel apple rice krispies treats. They’re a great fall snack that the kids really love. Which is what this is all for, right?!
Caramel Apple Rice Krispies Treats
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have never met a fall we didn’t just love. Seriously, fall can be warm or cold, wet or dry, downright long or way too short. But fall is always perfect. So, I love to celebrate it, despite the fact that it’s not a formal holiday. For this fall, I made these caramel apple rice krispies treats as a little afternoon fall treat.
The kids really got into this fall snack and even asked if they could have these caramel apple rice krispies treats in their lunches. I call that a win. If you are ready to make a fall snack your kids are going to love, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy snack ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make This Fall Snack
- Make sure your rice krispies have cooled completely before putting on the icing or then you’ll just have a mess and not neat stripes.
- Measure the marshmallows and cereal exactly for this easy fall snack. Seriously. I know you’re rolling your eyes, because it’s JUST marshmallows and cereal, but seriously, if you want the caramel apple rice krispies treats to cut into squares and not be hard or morph into, well, non-square shapes, learn from my past mistakes and measure.
How Do I Make this Caramel Apple Rice Krispies Treats?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 3 C. Rice Krispies or off-brand crisped rice cereal
- 5 oz of mini marshmallows (about half of a 10 oz bag)
- 3 tbsp. butter, cut into 1 tbsp. chunks
- 1/2 C. apple chips, broken into small pieces
- 12 caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. sweetened condensed milk
- Line a baking dish with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat the mini marshmallows and butter in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Once the marshmallow and butter begin to melt, add in the apple chips.
- Allow the marshmallows to melt about 3/4 of the way and then fold in the cereal. Don't let the marshmallows melt completely as this will lead to hard Rice Krispie treats
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and press down with the back of a spoon and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan allow the caramels, butter and sweetened condensed milk melt while stirring occasionally.
- Once the mixture has melted drizzle over the top of the Rice Krispie Treats and allow the caramel to set.
- Cut the Rice Krispie Treats into squares.
For more fun fall snack ideas, visit RufflesandRainBoots.com
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 97Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 70mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 1g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Fall Snack Ideas You Might Like
- Peanut Butter Energy Bites – This is a perfect fall treat because it’s secretly healthy, but the kids LOVE it. And it keeps them energized for a long day at school.
- Candy Corn Puppy Chow Recipe – Such a fun fall snack that is way easier to make than it looks.
- Fall Snack Mix – The most nostalgic recipe for fall snacking ever!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy snack ideas board on Pinterest.