Make these sweet iced Rice Krispies treats for the sweetest holiday. This is one of the biggest crowd-pleasing Valentine’s Day rice cereal treat ideas!
Iced Rice Krispies Treats for Valentine’s Day
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love sharing easy dessert ideas for classroom parties, football games, and birthday parties. Rice Krispies treats are a great, gluten-free snack with just enough sweetness to be crowd-pleasing.
We’ve added a bit of oomph to our normal recipe and dolled them up a bit. Although we made our Rice Krispies for Valentine’s Day, you can make this recipe with any color combination you can think of!
I want to make a unicorn Rice Krispies treat next…
As an Amazon associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. You can read our full disclosure policy.
What’s You’ll Need for These Rice Cereal Treats
These delicious Valentine’s Day Rice Krispies treats are an easy recipe to follow. Here are what you need to have on hand to whip up a batch (note: below, I give you tips to make these even faster)!
- Rice Krispies cereal
- mini marshmallows
- M&Ms (we used pink and white)
- white frosting and red food coloring
- 9×13-inch pan and wax paper
Tips for Frosted Rice Krispies Treats
We make these rice cereal treats often and have learned a few things. Below are some top tips:
- Stir constantly – it really helps and doesn’t take that long.
- You can buy Rice Krispies treats in sheets (oh, yes you can!), making it easy and quick to make large quantities of shaped or decorated rice cereal. Note: purchased Rice Krispies are not gluten-free.
- If you need a basic, gluten-free Rice Krispies treat recipe, this is it. However, if you add candy melts (the frosting / icing used here), know that most manufacturers have not been PPM (parts-per-million) tested. Because of that, I would not recommend feeding this recipe to those with celiac disease. You can replace with melted gluten-free chocolate.
Rice Krispies Treats
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies (or other rice cereal)
- red, pink, and white M&Ms
Iced Frosting for Rice Krispies Treats
- white frosting (premade or from scratch)
- red gel food coloring
- Line a 9x13-inch pan with wax paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add rice cereal and M&Ms.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. When melted, add mini marshmallows, stirring constantly until melted.
- Fold the marshmallow mixture into the Rice Krispies and M&Ms, working until coated. Transfer the mix to the prepared pan and set aside for about 30-minutes. Cut into squares or rectangles.
- Drizzle with icing, varying the look of the treats. Add a few M&Ms on top of the icing, if desired, and your Iced Rice Krispies treats are done!
For more fun treats, visit RufflesandRainBoots.com
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 182Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 118mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 0gSugar: 15gProtein: 2g
All nutrition information is estimated (doesn't include the icing). Please calculate your exact brands and ingredients when accuracy is desired.
Be Sure To Follow Along with Ruffles and Rain Boots
We love making crafts here at the ‘Boots and would love to share them with you. Sign up to receive our weekly newsletter and you’ll get access to the Hand Lettering Library, the Exclusive Library, and be kept up to date on all tasty treats!
You Might Also Like…
If you are a fan of easy Rice Krispies treats recipes, look no further. Here are a few fun ones:
- Minion Rice Krispies Treats – These rice cereal treats are in cute heart shapes!
- Notebook Paper Rice Krispies Treats – For Teacher Appreciation or 100 Days of School
- Football-Shaped Rice Krispies Treats – These are great for booster club fundraisers!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Please save this to Pinterest or share on Facebook.