Quick and fun, this retro summer shirt is one of my favorites and you can make a whole coordinating set with these retro sublimation designs!
Retro Summer Shirt
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have decided that sublimation is the most fun way to decorate a custom shirt. I mean, sure Infusible Inks are fun, heat transfer vinyl can really be a cool activity, but sublimation? It’s just the tops. Fast, cool and easy. And this retro summer shirt showcases that by being a 10-minute or less craft!
The design is done-for-you and basically no-fail, as long as you follow the steps. So, grab your heat press and let’s get started.
Get Exclusive Free SVGs, Discounts, and More!
I’m giving away free SVG files to help you create for friends, family, and your home. Get all of these (and more) along with the weekly newsletter.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Cricut craft ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make a Shirt with These Retro Sublimation Designs
- I am a big fan of the retro summer beetle design here that I used to make my shirt. It’s simple, clean and absolutely stinking adorable. But there are four retro summer sublimation designs that I made, with variations for each that you can find at each of the following links:
- If your craft room doesn’t include a sublimation printer yet, you can absolutely make this sublimation shirt by snagging a custom-printed sublimation design here. I tried them out before getting my sublimation printer and I was really impressed with the quality.
- Definitely use a sublimation-ready, quality t-shirt like the one here. In order to get the ink to bond properly with the material, the blank has to be mostly polyester. With cotton-based materials, the ink doesn’t bond well and, even if it looks like it bonded when you finish, your design will most likely wash out.
How Do I Make This Retro Summer Shirt ?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More Fun Summer Crafts You Might Like
- Summer Lovin’ Watermelon SVG and Project Ideas – One of the first designs I ever did for sublimation-friendly purposes that I still think about!
- No-Sew Beach Gnome – He’s so adorable with his outie belly button, board shorts and that floppy summer hat!
- Aloha Summer Cut File and Project Ideas – Everything about summer is encapsulated in this one simple design that I love.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy DIY ideas board on Pinterest.