While testing out Christmas cupcakes for holiday parties, we came up with these awesome reindeer cupcakes. They’re simple, fun and the kiddo can help make them!
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we adore Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. He’s second in line for “Christmas favorite” around here, after the Grinch. So, while we were testing out ideas for holiday parties this year, the kiddo asked me to make reindeer cupcakes, so we came up with these fun holiday cupcakes.
They’re simple and fun, and the kiddo helped me make these from start to finish. Such a great idea for making holiday treats, particularly if you don’t have a whole lot of time to get a Christmas cupcake ready. If you’re ready to make some cupcakes, line your cupcake pan and preheat your oven to 350 degrees and let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Christmas cupcake decorating ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make Rudolph Cupcakes
- I love cupcakes, but I find myself coming back time and again to my favorite vanilla cupcake recipe. It’s tried and true, so I don’t have to worry about messing it up. And, since this fun cupcake decorating idea calls for chocolate cupcakes, I just add 1/2 cup of melted chocolate or 1/2 cup of cocoa powder and viola! You can even do this with a cake mix recipe.
- These holiday cupcakes are a genuinely easy cupcake decorating idea. Just toss off some chocolate frosting in a piping bag, a couple of pretzel antlers, candy eyeballs and a little dot of red icing or red M&M. Then you’re done. Seriously.
- To add some fun to your table, you can toss some red beaded necklaces (like I did) or you can scatter some candy canes, nilla wafers or even brown sugar.
- If you don’t have any candy eyeballs, you can make some by doing a dollop of white chocolate or whipped cream then top with a chocolate chip. Easy peasy.
- Always wait until your cupcakes are cooled before trying to frost them. Warm cupcake and frosting do not mix. Oh, the horror of melted frosting all over your cupcakes!
How Do I Make Reindeer Cupcakes?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 12 of your favorite cupcakes
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 3-4 tbsp milk
- 24 pretzels
- 24 googly candy eyes
- Red decorating icing
- Bake your cupcakes--if you're using your favorite vanilla cupcake recipe, you can just add in 1/2 cup cocoa powder to make them chocolate.
- Cool cupcakes completely before decorating.
- To make the buttercream, cream together butter, sugar, cocoa and milk with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Place frosting in a decorating bag and frost each cupcake.
- Place two pretzels on each side of each cupcake for your reindeer antlers.
- Add candy eyes below the pretzels.
- Add red dot for a nose with the red decorating frosting.
For more fun Christmas cupcake recipes, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 451 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 23mg Sodium: 805mg Carbohydrates: 82g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 31g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 7g
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Christmas Cupcakes You Might Like
- Hot Chocolate Cupcakes – These are literally one of my favorite all-time cupcakes for winter or Christmas. There’s so awesome to have a cupcake topped with marshmallows.
- Snowman Cupcakes – If you need a fun kid-made cupcake for Christmas, this is the cupcake you need. NEED.
- Gingerbread Cupcakes – One of the best Christmas cupcake recipes you’ll ever find, it’s a cupcake with a COOKIE! Woohoo!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Christmas treats board on Pinterest.