These easy flag cupcakes are a perfect addition to your Independence Day food plan. They’re a fun party cupcake decorating idea everyone will love!
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I love a reason to come together and celebrate being with family, friends, and neighbors in a meaningful way. This year, I decided our 4th of July dessert table would include this awesome (and easy) flag cupcakes recipe.
This is a very kid-friendly recipe, so pull in the little ones to help put them together. Let’s get started.
Get Cupcake Recipes, Freebies, and More!
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
Pin this to your favorite Independence Day board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make this 4th of July Dessert
- Start with your favorite vanilla cupcake recipe. I love our Lazy Girl’s Cupcakes because they’re simple and I love simple.
- Frost them after they’ve cooled COMPLETELY. Warm frosting is no good and it’ll slide right off the cupcakes.
- Make sure your hands are dry when handling the candies. When they get the least bit damp, they smear, then you’re covered in blue food coloring. The color will also transfer to the white icing if they get wet, so do not refrigerate these cupcakes before your get together.
How Do I Make these Flag Cupcakes?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you’re making a 4th of July dessert playlist on YouTube, here is our flag cupcakes video tutorial.
More Independence Day Food You Might Like
- The BEST 4th of July Food Ideas Around - If you're on the hook for doing all the things for the big patriot party, you're in luck.
- July 4th Popcorn Balls - I made these some time ago, but they remain on my list of "must haves" for every July 4th barbecue. And the kids just LOVE them when you put them on a lollipop stick!
- Pinwheel Cupcakes - You have to check these out - they are the absolute cutest!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Independence Day food board on Pinterest.