Red white and blue cookies are fun patriotic cookies to make and the tastiest to eat. Get the kids in the kitchen to help make this fun cookie recipe!
Red White and Blue Cookies
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I love coming up with tons of July 4th dessert ideas. It’s basically the only summer holiday and you can use the same recipes for a fun Memorial Day at the end of the summer. Win, win, right?!
One of the best parts of making treats for July 4th is that the kids are usually around to help. They love to get in the kitchen to make a quick dessert and will be so proud to hand them out to guests at a get-together or BBQ! Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
Not ready to make these? Pin this to your favorite 4th of July board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make Patriotic Cookies
- For vibrant colors, use gel food coloring. You won’t have to use as much to make those bold brights (red is notorious for turning pink after baking).
- The children can mix, measure, and roll the cookie dough into balls. They’ll love it and they’ll learn a lot.
How Do I Make these Red White and Blue Cookies?
I’m so glad you asked! Grab what you need and keep this recipe open on your phone or print it for your recipe box.
- 1 box of French Vanilla cake mix
- 1/3 C Canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- Red and Sky Blue gel food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Combine cake mix, vegetable oil, and 2 eggs.
- Divide the batter into three equal portions in separate bowls.
- Mix 5-10 drops of red food coloring into one bowl
- Mix 5-10 drops of Sky Blue food coloring into the second bowl .
- Leave the third bowl un-colored.
- Place about 1 TSP of each color dough in the palm of your hand and form into a balls.
- Place cookie dough balls about 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Gently mash each cookie dough ball down so that it becomes a thick, flat disk.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Allow cookies to completely cool before enjoying!
For more Independence Day fun, visit RufflesandRainBoots.com
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 152 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 21mg Sodium: 220mg Carbohydrates: 24g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 13g Protein: 2g
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Independence Day Food You Might Like
- Ultimate List of July 4th Desserts – If you’ve ever wanted a July 4th dessert, this list will have the treat you need!
- Patriotic Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes – Ridiculously adorable and SO FUN for the kids to eat. This is a must-have for our July 4th celebration.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite cookie ideas board on Pinterest.