There’s no chance that I was letting the upcoming holiday pass without making patriotic fudge! It’s simple and fun and make the best July 4th fudge.
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we like to have a special snack or treat for basically every holiday. A lot of times it’s cupcakes. But the kiddo asked for fudge, so we made some thick, creamy fudge with my favorite super quick and simple fudge recipe.
Basically, this is such a simple recipe that I sit back and let the kiddo make it. She just lets me stir it when the stirring gets tough. And then I split the July 4th fudge into the separate bowls for her, but she did the rest.
If you’re ready to make a fun fudge for July 4th, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy dessert recipes board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make July 4th Fudge
- Making patriotic fudge is ridiculously easy. You’re just going to melt your white chocolate chips with your evaporated milk and then fold in your whipped cream and sugar. No sour cream, no candy thermometer, no sweetened condensed milk, just chocolate, sugar, whipped cream, evaporated milk and, after you’ve split it into three bowls, some food coloring.
- To make easier to get your fudge out of whatever baking dish or pan you let it set-up in, the easiest thing is to line it with parchment paper sprayed with a little cooking spray–or use a silicone pan like I did so you can basically just peel the pan off the fudge. Pour your three colors of the fudge batter (is it batter? not dough, right?) into the prepared pan and let it set. It’s that easy. Do not, under any circumstances, line the baking dish with foil. It will stick to the fudge and you will be sad.
- When it’s time to cool your layered fudge, you can either just let it sit on the counter at room temperature or you can place it in the fridge to chill. Either will work, but as you can probably guess, the fridge is much faster.
- You can always mix-up your July 4th fudge recipe in a number of ways to make it unique for any holiday or event. Just add some fun little pops like:
- Cotton Candy
How Do I Make this Patriotic Fudge?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 2 C sugar
- 2 C white chocolate chips
- 1 - 7oz jar of marshmallow creme
- 1 C evaporated milk
- 3 C whipped topping
- red and blue gel food coloring
- Line a baking dish with your parchment paper and lightly spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine sugar and evaporated milk in a large pot over medium heat.
- Stir continuously until the sugar is completely dissolved and the sugar mixture begins to boil.
- Immediately remove the sugar mixture from heat.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips, whipped topping and marshmallow creme then mix until the fudge is smooth.
- Pour about 1/3 of the fudge into 2 other heat-safe bowls.
- Add 4-5 drops of red food coloring into the fudge in the first bowl and stir until the color is consistent throughout. Repeat with one of the other bowls and the blue food coloring.
- Add 1 tsp cotton candy flavoring and 4-5 drops of the purple food coloring into the remaining half of the fudge still in the pot and stir until the color is consistent throughout.
- Pour the blue fudge into the bottom of the pan and spread it out evenly.
- Pour the white fudge on top of the blue, then spread it out evenly.
- Pour the red fudge on top and spread it out smoothly on top.
- Place the fudge into the fridge to set--about 2 hours.
- Cut the fudge into squares and enjoy!
For more fun patriotic dessert ideas, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 33mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 0gSugar: 33gProtein: 2g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Patriotic Treats You Might Like
- Patriotic Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes – One of the most fun kid-made treats we’ve ever done, these cupcakes are just about the most awesome ways to get your snack on!
- Flag Donuts – Perfect for the kiddo that loves having a patriotic breakfast to go with their whole-day July 4th celebration!
- Patriotic Popcorn – The kiddo is going to love having this while we watch the fireworks go off–and I am too!
Please Share or Save This
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy dessert recipes pin board.