If you need a fall or holiday cupcake, these easy pumpkin eggnog cupcakes with cream cheese frosting are definitely the most yummy choice you’ll make all winter!
Pumpkin Eggnog Cupcakes
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love making cupcakes for every occasion. I mean, I don’t really need much of an excuse to make a cupcake, to be honest. But, I wanted to come up with a fun holiday cupcake, something a little different than your typical snowman cupcakes and gingerbread cupcakes (although they might be on the list, I don’t know). So, I came up with these fun pumpkin eggnog cupcakes!
These are a little bit more simple than my normal cupcake because, let’s be honest, sometimes it’s fun to use a boxed mix and I hadn’t done that in forever. So, this is a great way to give a boxed cake mix some pizzaz! Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite cupcake recipes board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make Fall Cupcakes
- I USUALLY start with my Lazy Girl Cupcakes. They’re super reliable, no-fail cupcakes that anyone can make, as long as you can follow a recipe. But, I decided this time to try out a box mix and it was absolutely the best choice for these easy cupcakes!
- Making these pumpkin cupcakes is actually a lot easier than it looks. To get the pumpkin flavor, I used a pumpkin box mix AND pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling). This made for a light and fluffy cupcake. This meant eliminating the need for flour and brown sugar, but you’ll still need to add some vanilla extract and add your eggs one at a time to your dry ingredients.
- Once everything is in your mixing bowl and all smooth and creamy, you’ll want to preheat oven to 350 degrees and line your cupcake tin. Then it’s 25 minutes in the oven. Easy peasy.
- You will need to make some eggnog icing in a large bowl, kind of a cream cheese frosting, by mixing some eggnog and powdered sugar with cream cheese. Then you’ll put that on your room temperature cooled cupcakes. And once you’ve got your cupcake topped with about 1/4 cup of icing, you can enjoy! Unless you want to drizzle maple syrup over the top, but that’s on you.
How Do I Make Pumpkin Eggnog Cupcakes?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below and I’ll help where I can.
For the cupcakes:
- 1 (17 oz.) box pumpkin spice cake mix
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup eggnog
- 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
For the frosting:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 3 tbsp. eggnog
- Preheat oven to 350F and place cupcake liners in a cupcake pan.
- Combine pumpkin spice cake mix, pumpkin puree, eggs, canola oil, eggnog, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and stir just until combined.
- Scoop batter into cupcake liners about 2/3 of the way full and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until they pass the toothpick test.
- To prepare the frosting, combine butter and cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add in pumpkin pie spice, confectioners sugar, and eggnog and beat until frosting is smooth. Add more eggnog if frosting is too thick.
- Once cupcakes have cooled completely, pipe frosting onto cupcakes and serve.
For more holiday cupcake ideas, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 39mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 0gSugar: 27gProtein: 2g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Holiday Cupcake Recipes You Might Like
- Hot Cocoa Cupcakes – They’re seriously some of the easiest and tastiest little cupcakes–and they look so cute!
- Candy Cane Cupcakes – I can’t believe that I made these, they’re so adorable. I have to make more. ASAP!
- Christmas Themed Snacks and Treats Kids will Love! – You’ll definitely find something perfect for your holiday party, no kidding.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite holiday cupcakes board on Pinterest.