These pumpkin cupcakes are so super easy to make that the kids were basically in charge. These are perfect for a quick classroom or party treat.
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I love an easy cupcake recipe. There’s no way that this girl is making complicated cupcakes – even if mine look complex, I assure you they’re going to be easy peasy.
I have no shame with my cupcake game – these mini cakes are the best dessert and such a fun way to get creative in the kitchen. This recipe for pumpkin cupcakes is no exception.
I may have gone down the lane of “too simple” but is that really possible? The little one decorated about half of these cupcake pumpkins and that meant we got to spend some time bonding, too. Let’s get started with this easy recipe.
Save or Share for Later
Save this to your favorite fall desserts pin board or share it on Facebook. It will make it easy to find and we’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links within this article.
Tips to Make Easy Cupcake Decorations
- Start with your favorite chocolate cupcakes. I love my lazy girl chocolate cupcake recipe because it’s a no-fail cupcake that is rich and moist, fluffy and fun.
- There is no food coloring trick for getting intense color in that orange. The magic is in using gel food coloring like this. The typical water-based food coloring that you have in your spice cabinet since 1990 just won’t cut it. Make it easy on yourself and grab some gel-based colorants because a bright orange won’t happen easily without it.
- It’s up to you whether you use buttercream icing or cream cheese icing. Canned icing is also 100% a good idea. I keep at least one can in the pantry for cupcake emergencies… But for this easy pumpkin cupcake recipe, I wanted to use a homemade buttercream because it’s my favorite.
Easy, Kid-Friendly Pumpkin Cupcakes
Below is the written and printable recipe. If you have any questions, please let me know in the comments or you can join the Facebook group here.
More Easy Fall Cupcakes You Might Like
- Pumpkin Eggnog Cupcakes - If you've never had the combo of pumpkin and eggnog, you're missing out. Such a fun balance of fall flavors, it's epic.
- Thanksgiving Mickey Cupcakes - I adore this easy pilgrim Mickey cupcake so much I want to make it again--but this time I'll make Minnie too!
- Caramel Apple Cupcakes - I want a million caramel apples in my life and plopping one on top of a cupcake was so much perfection, I drool.
Please Save or Share This
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to a fall dessert recipes pin board.