I am all about fall and these caramel apple cupcakes are so fall, y’all, it’s not even funny. So get ready to ring in the leaf-drop with this fun fall cupcake!
Caramel apple cupcakes
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have a little obsession with fall. For real, if you could have a favorite season, for me, it’s probably fall. I mean, spring is fine and summer is super fun. But fall is so nice with the lower temps and all the, well, the cooler temps. That’s kind of my thing.
It was with fall in mind (because I’m so ready for the lower temps) that I decided we needed some easy caramel apple cupcakes. They’re simple, fun and kids love them. If you’re ready to make fun fall cupcakes, let’s get started.
Get Cupcake Recipes, Freebies, and More!
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite cupcake recipes board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make fall cupcakes
- Start with your favorite vanilla cupcake recipe. I always use my Lazy Girl cupcakes, because they’re no-fail, assuming you can read (and follow) a recipe!
- When you’re swirling your icing on your cupcakes, take it slow. If you go too fast, you won’t be able to spin while you turn the caramel cupcake. And then you’ll just have flat lines instead of swirls. If that makes sense.
- Be sure to let your cupcakes cool completely before frosting. Hot cupcake may taste amazing…mmm…but frosting melts. Be warned.
- While you’re making your caramel, be sure to stir CONSTANTLY. No joking, this is really important. If you don’t the sugar will just stick to the bottom of your pan and that won’t be caramel, just burnt sugar.
How to Make Caramel Cupcakes
Below is the written and printable tutorial for this fun cupcake decorating idea. Use the comments section below if you have any questions.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More fall cupcake Ideas You Might Like
- Apple Cupcakes with a Worm - My kid loves gummy worms and really, this is just about the most fall cupcake on the planet.
- Ridiculously Easy Apple Cupcakes - Not into worms? That's fine! We've got an even easier cupcake recipe for those who aren't down with the worm.
- Pumpkin Spice Cookies - I know this isn't a cupcake, but it's so yummy, I can't not share.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite cupcake decorating ideas board on Pinterest.