I am all about fall and these caramel apple cupcakes are so fall, y’all, it’s not even funny. So get ready to ring in the leaf-drop with this fun fall cupcake!
Caramel apple cupcakes
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have a little obsession with fall. For real, if you could have a favorite season, for me, it’s probably fall. I mean, spring is fine and summer is super fun. But fall is so nice with the lower temps and all the, well, the cooler temps. That’s kind of my thing.
It was with fall in mind (because I’m so ready for the lower temps) that I decided we needed some easy caramel apple cupcakes. They’re simple, fun and kids love them. If you’re ready to make fun fall cupcakes, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite cupcake recipes board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make fall cupcakes
- Start with your favorite vanilla cupcake recipe. I always use my Lazy Girl cupcakes, because they’re no-fail, assuming you can read (and follow) a recipe!
- When you’re swirling your icing on your cupcakes, take it slow. If you go too fast, you won’t be able to spin while you turn the caramel cupcake. And then you’ll just have flat lines instead of swirls. If that makes sense.
- Be sure to let your cupcakes cool completely before frosting. Hot cupcake may taste amazing…mmm…but frosting melts. Be warned.
- While you’re making your caramel, be sure to stir CONSTANTLY. No joking, this is really important. If you don’t the sugar will just stick to the bottom of your pan and that won’t be caramel, just burnt sugar.
How Do I Make caramel cupcakes?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
Love cupcakes and want free recipes?
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
- 12 of your favorite vanilla cupcakes
- 1 can of your favorite vanilla frosting
- 1 large apple
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tspn vanilla
- 3/4 tspn salt
- 1/2 cup cream (or coconut cream which is what I used)
- 3-4 drops caramel food flavoring
- 1 drop brown GEL food coloring
- 5 drops yellow GEL food coloring
- Place the sugar, salt and vanilla in a pot over high heat.
- Stir, stir, stir until the sugar mixture gets lumpy and brown-ish throughout.
- Add the cream and keep stirring.
- Stir for a long, long time until all the lumps dissolve and the caramel is all soft and smooth.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- With your largest decorating tip, press it into the top of each cupcake, creating a well.
- Fill each cupcake well with 1-2 teaspoons of caramel sauce.
- Replace “lids” of well holes.
- Mix caramel food flavoring and food coloring into the vanilla frosting until the color is consistent throughout.
- Place star tip and frosting into your piping bag.
- With a swirl and twisting motion, ice each cupcake.
- Cut apple into 6 slices, then cut each of those in half, leaving you with 12 ½ slices of apples.
- Dip cut end (and about half of the slice) of each apple half-slice into the caramel sauce and place on top of a cupcake.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over each cupcake.
You'll also need a star decorating tip and a piping bag.
For more fun fall cupcake recipes, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 109mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 0gSugar: 31gProtein: 1g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More fall cupcake Ideas You Might Like
- Apple Cupcakes with a Worm – My kid loves gummy worms and really, this is just about the most fall cupcake on the planet.
- Ridiculously Easy Apple Cupcakes – Not into worms? That’s fine! We’ve got an even easier cupcake recipe for those who aren’t down with the worm.
- Pumpkin Spice Cookies – I know this isn’t a cupcake, but it’s so yummy, I can’t not share.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite cupcake decorating ideas board on Pinterest.