I just love this Princess Tiana cardboard tube craft my kiddo requested. It turned out so much better than I thought it would and the template helps kids to make it easily!
Princess Tiana Cardboard Tube Craft
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love The Princess and the Frog. It’s such a fun story and the movie gets a lot of action in our house lately, probably because we’re in a “romantic” mode of late. Whatever the reason, it’s so fun for the kiddo to interact with her favorite Disney princesses and making this Princess Tiana cardboard tube craft for kids is the perfect way to make, play and process the story.
And this is one of the stories that has a lot of layers that I love seeing the kiddo act-out with a paper doll. It’s great helping her to unpack all of the emotions, complex ideas and concepts that this movie touches on. If you’re ready to let your kiddo make a fun Princess Tiana doll from paper, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite fun kid’s crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Princess and the Frog Craft
- First, let’s talk about this particular princess and her possible accessories (accessories make everything more fun). I’d go with a tiny frog (just a green blob, nothing big) with big-ole eyes–even a cute yellow ball for a lightening bug. I might even give this Princess Tiana a pretty lily to hold (using the petals on the crown as the base, because why not?!). Accessories. Are. Everything.
- It would be so easy to customize this Princess and the Frog craft with a boat to take her on a wonderful evening tour of the living room. But it would be equally fun to make a little restaurant scene with a table and plates of yummy pretend food. I love it.
- If you want to use a paper roll tube as your base, I’d highly recommend it, if you think your kiddo might be a little rough with this princess paper doll. But if you’re not into that, and just want to use the construction paper, that’ll work too!
- Oh, and be sure to grab the free printable template here to make this project as easy for the kiddo as possible.
How Do I Make this Princess Tiana Cardboard Tube Craft?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More Disney Princess Crafts You Might Like
- Princess Belle Paper Roll Craft – Belle is one of our favorite princesses (yet another fantastic role model for the kiddo) and so of course we made a Belle paper puppet!
- Rapunzel Paper Tube Craft – Rapunzel is the most epic of princesses, with her wild hair and self-reliance–and those painting skills are nothing to sniff at. She definitely deserves a paper doll.
- Mulan Paper Doll – Speaking of paper dolls, this is one of the most fun and easy paper doll tutorials–and this Mulan is the most magnificent princess, I can’t even!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Disney crafts for kids board on Pinterest.