I just loved how cute this farm truck ornament kit in a jar turned out! It’s super quick to put together and is a fun mason jar gift idea!
Farm truck Ornament Kit in a Jar
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are all about coming up with creative DIY holiday gift ideas for friends and family. There’s just no reason not to make a meaningful gift, right?! So I have a friend that loves to do the same and we decided to trade gift KITS. That’s right–little craft kits we put together for each other tucked away in mason jars!
It’s a fun idea that I wish I’d thought of before. It’s just a ton of fun to give a gift that’s a crafty good time! I decided to make this farm truck ornament kit in a jar, which is basically a cute little felt ornament that has a farm truck vignette I love. If you’re ready to make a fun DIY mason jar gift, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy DIY gift ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Get Exclusive Free SVGs, Special Discounts, and More!
I send free files, exclusive files, and sales. Want them?
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
Tips to Make This Mason Jar Gift Idea
- First, grab the free Christmas truck cut file set here with the little scene and everything. It’s the cutest little holiday vignette and I can’t help but love it.
- To make the mason jar gift idea with the Christmas truck decoupaged mason jar, grab the napkins here. They’re so cute–and using one or two to make a mason jar as the gift wrapping? Genius.
- Decide whether you’re giving your gift as a kit or as a completed craft project. That will change what items you want to include in your mason jar gift. I made one of the ornaments for myself, but I plan to gift the kit to my crafty friend (she’s going to love it).
- You can make this into a no-sew craft, or a sewing craft. If you want to go the no-sew route, grab some of these awesome sewing clips (the name is misleading because you don’t have to be sewing to use them) to help hold your pieces in place while your fabric glue is setting up. That way you don’t have to worry it’ll move around and leave your seam un-sealed.
How Do I Make this Farm truck Ornament Kit in a Jar?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
For the Jar
- 1 Mason Jar
- Farm Truck Napkin
- Mod Podge or other craft sealant
For the Ornament Kit
- Cricut Maker or Explore Air 2
- Fabric or Light Grip Mat
- To make the decoupaged mason jar, cover the clean and dry jar in a light coat of mod podge or craft sealant. Immediately put the napkin over the mason jar and add a second thin coat of mod podge to help smooth wrinkles and further secure the napkin to the jar. Let the mod podge to dry completely.
- To make the Christmas farm truck ornament kit, upload the cut file to Cricut Design Space or Silhouette Design Studio and follow the prompts to cut the ornament pieces from felt as follows: Grey Felt: 2 large ovals; White Felt: 1 snow bank; Black Felt: 2 tires and 1 window; Red Felt: 1 truck body; Green Felt: 2-3 trees
- Place the ornament pieces into the decoupaged mason jar with a small handful of polyfill and a 2-3 foot long piece of white embroidery thread. Optionally, add a tube of fabric glue and sewing clips.
- In order to make the Christmas farm truck ornament yourself, using hot glue or fabric glue, attach the snowbank shape onto one of the grey ovals, followed by the truck, wheels, window and trees. Using a blanket stitch or fabric glue, seal ¾ of the edge around the two grey felt ovals, creating a pocket with the little snowbank and truck shape on the OUTSIDE. If gluing, be sure to use the clips and allow the glue to set before moving forward. Tuck polyfiill into the pocket and finish the stitching or gluing in order to finish sealing the two ovals together. If using fabric glue, use the clips to hold it in place until the glue sets before moving on. Create a 3-4 finger wide loop of the embroidery thread and stitch it on to the top of the ornament (or glue, as described above using the clips) and enjoy!
For more fun DIY holiday gift ideas, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. For a full policy on partner links, visit our policy page.
More Christmas Farm Truck Crafts You Might Like
- Farm Truck Cookies – This easy sugar cookie recipe is SO FUN and you can decorate them like little farm trucks with a Christmas tree in them in minutes!
- Printable Gift Tags with Christmas Farm Trucks – Super duper cute gift tags that are perfect for any holiday gift that you can easily personalize!
- Cute Back of Christmas Truck Cut Files – I love the side view of the little red farm truck, but sometimes I really love the tail gate view and a little saying!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite DIY holiday gifts board on Pinterest.